Povidone Iodine Scrub (Aurora)This page contains information on Povidone Iodine Scrub (Aurora) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Povidone Iodine Scrub (Aurora) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Povidone Iodine Scrub (Aurora)
- Direction and dosage information for Povidone Iodine Scrub (Aurora)
Povidone Iodine Scrub (Aurora)This treatment applies to the following species:
Antiseptic Sudsing Skin Cleanser
For Professional and Hospital Veterinary Use Only
For External Use Only
For Animal Use Only
Keep Out of Reach of Children
A microbicidal cleanser
● For the Veterinarian: Preoperative and postoperative scrubbing and washing.
● For the Animal: Preoperative prepping.
Povidone Iodine, 7.5% (0.75% available iodine)
● For preparation of the skin prior to surgery.
● Helps to reduce bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection.
● For hand washing to reduce bacteria on the skin.
● Significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Store at 20°-25° C (68°-77° F). Store in original container.
Directions For Use
Surgical hand scrub:
● Wet hands with water.
● Spread about 5 cc (1 teaspoonful) of scrub over both hands and forearms.
● Without adding more water, scrub thoroughly for 2 1/2-3 minutes.
● Use a sponge, if desired. Clean thoroughly under fingernails.
● Add a little water and develop copious suds.
● Rinse thoroughly under running water.
● Repeat entire procedure using another 5 cc of scrub.
Antiseptic hand wash:
● Wet hands with water and pour about 5 cc of scrub on hands.
● Rub hands vigorously together for at least 15 seconds, covering all surfaces.
● Rinse and dry with a disposable towel.
Preoperative skin preparation:
● After the surgical area is clipped, wet it with water.
● Apply scrub (1 cc is sufficient to cover an area of 20-30 square inches), develop lather, and scrub thoroughly for about 5 minutes.
● Rinse using sterile gauze saturated with water.
● The area may then be painted with Betadine solution and allowed to dry.
For external use only. Do not use this product in the eyes or on food-producing animals.
When using this product, prolonged exposure to wet solution may cause irritation or, rarely, severe skin reactions. In preoperative prepping, avoid “pooling” beneath the animal.
Stop use and ask a doctor or veterinarian if irritation and redness develops or in rare instances of local irritation or sensitivity.
Manufactured by: Aurora Pharmaceutical, LLC, Northfield, Minnesota 55057
IN 50-1235 REV 00
Manufactured in the USA
Manufactured for: Aspen Veterinary Resources,® Ltd., Liberty, MO 64068, USA
1 Gallon (3.79 L)
NAC No.: 14753090
3155 W. HEARTLAND DRIVE, LIBERTY, MO, 64068
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Povidone Iodine Scrub (Aurora) information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-08-21