Poulvac Cholera PM-1 (Canada)This page contains information on Poulvac Cholera PM-1 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Poulvac Cholera PM-1 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Poulvac Cholera PM-1
- Direction and dosage information for Poulvac Cholera PM-1
Poulvac Cholera PM-1This treatment applies to the following species:
Pasteurella Multocida Vaccine
Avirulent Live Culture, Avian Isolate
For Veterinary Use Only
Federal Regulations prohibit the repackaging or sale of the contents of this carton in fractional units. Do not accept if seal is broken or tampered with. Use only where permitted.
Poulvac® Cholera PM-1 contains the known avirulent strain of Pasteurella multocida designated PM-1, as a freeze-dried preparation sealed under vacuum.
INDICATIONS FOR USE: Poulvac Cholera PM-1 is indicated as an aid in the prevention of disease due to P. multocida Type 1 infection (fowl cholera) in chickens. Chickens should be in good health when vaccinated and not under any environmental, physical or social stress. Sick or weak chickens will not develop adequate immunity. Chickens should be 10 to 12 weeks of age at initial vaccination by the wing-web route. Revaccination should be performed between 6 to 8 weeks following the initial vaccination.
Dosage and AdministrationPoulvac Cholera PM-1 should be refrigerated until use and not rehydrated until immediately ready for use. Administer 1000 doses of vaccine by the wing-web route to 1000 chickens. Rehydrate the vaccine with the supplied diluent bottle (10 mL). Rehydrate only one bottle at a time and use the entire contents within 2 hours. After mixing the vaccine thoroughly, a dose of 0.01 mL should be administered to each bird by dipping the applicator needle in the vaccine and piercing the webbed portion of the underside of the wing. Avoid contacting feathers as this will wipe the vaccine off the needle. Avoid piercing muscle or bone tissue. Re-dip the applicator needle in the vaccine before each application. Mix the vaccine periodically during the vaccination period.
STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store in the dark in a refrigerator between 2° and 7°C (35° and 45°F). DO NOT FREEZE.
Poulvac Cholera PM-1 Caution
1. Chickens should be in good health when vaccinated. Sick or weak chickens may not develop adequate immunity.
2. All susceptible chickens on the same premises should be vaccinated at the same time.
3. Do not medicate chickens with antibacterial drugs five days prior to or after vaccination.
4. Efforts should be taken to reduce stress conditions at the time of vaccination.
5. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter or 35 days prior to onset of lay or during egg production.
6. Do not spill, splash or mix this vaccine with any substance.
7. Do not dilute the vaccine or otherwise stretch the dosage.
8. Use entire contents when first opened.
9. Burn containers and all unused contents.
10. This vaccine contains no preservative.
11. Avoid contact of open wounds or accidental inoculation of vaccination crew personnel. If this occurs, consult a physician immediately.
12. Wash hands thoroughly after using the vaccine.
13. Store in the dark in a refrigerator between 2° and 7°C (35° and 45°F). Do not freeze.
14. FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.
NOTICE: This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets USDA requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens, and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
RECORDS: Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
10 x 1000 Doses
Wing Web Administration
10 x 10 mL
The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable local and federal laws and regulations.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
STORE VACCINE BETWEEN 2° and 7°C (35° and 45°F).
DO NOT FREEZE.
THIS PRODUCT IS NON-RETURNABLE.
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
10 x 1,000 Dose Vials
16,740 TRANS-CANADA HIGHWAY, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Technical Services Canada:||800-461-0917|
|Technical Services USA:||800-366-5288|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Poulvac Cholera PM-1 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-10-31