Poulvac Chick-N-PoxThis page contains information on Poulvac Chick-N-Pox for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Poulvac Chick-N-Pox Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Poulvac Chick-N-Pox
- Direction and dosage information for Poulvac Chick-N-Pox
Poulvac Chick-n-poxThis treatment applies to the following species:
Fowl Pox Vaccine
For veterinary use only
Read in full, follow directions carefully.
Fort Dodge Animal Health, Inc., Poulvac® Chick-N-Pox™ brand of Fowl Pox Vaccine, is recommended for wing-web stab of healthy chickens one day of age or older against fowl pox.
Store this vaccine at not over 45°F (7°C).
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Use entire contents when vial is first opened.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
When To Vaccinate
Vaccination may be performed as early as 1 day of age. If chicks are vaccinated against fowl pox at 1 day of age and premises have a history of heavy challenge, revaccination after 7 weeks of age is recommended. Birds vaccinated at 7 weeks of age or older may require only one vaccination.
1. Rehydrate 1 vial of vaccine with 1 vial of diluent.
2. Remove aluminum seal and rubber stopper from vaccine vial and diluent vial. Avoid contamination of the stopper and vial contents.
3. Pour approximately one-half the diluent into the vaccine vial. Replace stopper and shake gently until contents are dissolved.
4. Pour all the reconstituted vaccine back into the remaining diluent in the diluent bottle. Replace diluent stopper and gently mix. The vaccine is then ready for use.
5. Hold individual bird and spread wing with the underside facing upwards.
6. Dip the vaccinator tool into the vaccine, wetting both needles.
7. Stick the needles through the web of the wing, avoiding blood vessels, bones, and the wing muscle. The vaccine should not touch feathers, the head of the birds, or the skin except at the site of vaccination.
How Takes Appear
The usual take consists of some swelling at the site of the puncture as early as the fourth day following vaccination. The swelling increases during the next five days until a scab is formed. Revaccinate birds that do not show takes.
Do not expose vaccine to either direct sunlight or extreme heat during vaccination. Vaccinate healthy chickens only.
Poulvac Chick-N-Pox Caution
This product should be stored, transported, and administered in accordance with the instructions and directions.
The use of this vaccine is subject to state laws, wherever applicable.
Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date; date of receipt and date of vaccination; where vaccination takes place; and any reactions observed.
THIS VACCINE IS NONRETURNABLE.
List No. 7206910 x 1,000 Doses
Fort Dodge Animal Health
Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501 Usa
U.S. Vet. License No. 112
Division of Wyeth
235 E. 42ND ST., NEW YORK, NY, 10017
|Customer Service:||800-733-5500 and 800-793-0596|
|Veterinary Medical Investigations & Product Support:||800-366-5288|
|Technical Services (USA):||800-366-5288|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Poulvac Chick-N-Pox information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-07-10