Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8 (Canada)This page contains information on Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8
Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8This treatment applies to the following species:
CANINE INFLUENZA VACCINE
H3N8, Killed Virus
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
Nobivac® Canine Flu H3N8 is recommended for the vaccination of healthy dogs at 6 weeks of age or older as an aid in the control of disease associated with canine influenza virus infection. The type A, subtype H3N8 virus has been chemically inactivated and combined with an adjuvant designed to enhance the immune response. The vaccine has been demonstrated to reduce the incidence and severity of lung lesions, as well as the duration of coughing and viral shedding.
Restricted to use by or under the direction of a veterinarian. Shake well. Inject one dose (1 mL) subcutaneously. The initial dose may be given at 6 weeks of age or older. A second dose is given 2 to 4 weeks later. A minimum of two doses is required for primary immunization. Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended. Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships. Use entire contents immediately.
● Store at 2° - 7°C.
● Do not freeze.
● Do not mix with other vaccines.
● Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
● Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
● Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
● Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
● The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
Merck Animal Health, division of Intervet Inc.
Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (Canada)
For patent information:
NAC No.: 1208226.2
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-09-29