The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
No-Bite Flea and Tick MistThis page contains information on No-Bite Flea and Tick Mist for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- No-Bite Flea and Tick Mist Indications
- Warnings and cautions for No-Bite Flea and Tick Mist
- Direction and dosage information for No-Bite Flea and Tick Mist
No-Bite Flea and Tick MistThis treatment applies to the following species:
Dogs - Puppies - Cats - Kittens - Horses
Insecticide & repellent for fleas & ticks
- Controls fleas, ticks & lice
- Temporarily repels gnats, mosquitoes & biting flies
Piperonyl butoxide, technical*
(N-octyl bicycloheptene dicarboximide)**
* Equivalent to 1.20% (butylcarbityl) (6-propylpiperonyl) ether and 0.30% related compounds.
** MGK® 264 Insecticide Synergist
*** MGK® Repellent 326
**** Inert ingredients include a grooming agent to ease combing and brushing out coat to remove dead fleas, ticks and lice.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
No-Bite Flea and Tick Mist Caution
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE USE
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE: Use only in a well ventilated area. Use only on dogs, puppies, cats and kittens (over 12 weeks old) and horses. Read and follow all directions and precautions on the product label.
GENERAL PRECAUTIONS AND USE RESTRICTIONS:
- Apply this product only as specified on the label.
- DO NOT apply this product around electrical equipment due to the possibility of shock hazard.
- Except when applying directly to pets, DO NOT allow adults, children or pets to enter treated area until sprays have dried.
- Remove pets, birds and cover fish aquariums before spraying.
- DO NOT apply to pets less than 12 weeks old.
- Avoid spraying of genital areas.
- DO NOT apply over cuts, wounds, or irritated skin.
- DO NOT apply near eyes and mouth. Apply sparingly around ears.
- DO NOT use on horses or foals intended for slaughter.
- Consult a veterinarian before applying this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Certain medications can interact with pesticides. Consult a veterinarian before using on medicated animals.
- Sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
DOGS AND CATS: Cover animal’s eyes with hand and with a firm fast stroke, to get proper spray mist. Spray head, ears, and chest until damp. With finger tips, rub into face and around mouth, nose and eyes. Then spray neck, middle, and hindquarters, finishing with legs last and
paying special attention to the footpads (between the toes) and underbody areas. Avoid spraying of genital areas. For best penetration of spray to the skin, direct spray against the lay of the hair. On long-haired dogs, rub your hand against the lay of the hair, spraying the ruffled
hair directly behind the hand. Make sure spray thoroughly wets ticks. Follow application with a complete brushing of the animal’s hair to remove dead insects. Reapply treatment as necessary, but do not treat more than once per week.
PUPPIES AND KITTENS: Do Not Use On Puppies or Kittens Under 12 Weeks Old. Treat same as for dogs and cats, except nursing puppies and kittens. Spray only along back or on your finger tips and rub in with your hands. Follow application with a complete brushing of the animal’s hair to remove dead insects.
PET INDOOR SLEEPING QUARTERS: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by use of this product. For use in companion animal quarters only. Do not broadcast outdoors. Remove animals from quarters before treating premises. Spray around baseboards, windows, door frames, wall cracks and local areas of floors. If mosquitoes, gnats or lice are present, spray lightly into the air. Follow application with a complete brushing of the animal’s hair to remove dead insects. Reapply treatment as necessary, but do not treat more than once per week. The bedding should be sprayed and then replaced with fresh bedding for best results. Allow all surfaces treated to dry before allowing pets to reoccupy.
HORSES: To control stable flies, horse flies, deer flies and other face flies, apply to face, legs, flanks, top line and other body areas commonly attacked by these flies. Reapply treatment as necessary, but do not treat more than once per week.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in original container, in a cool, dry place, inaccessible to children, and pets. If leaky container must be contained within another, mark the outer container to identify contents. Do not store near heat or open flame. Store pesticides away from food, pet food, seed, fertilizers and veterinary supplies.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL: Do not reuse or refill this container. If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling, if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-CLEANUP for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
- Call poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
- Have person sip glass of water if able to swallow.
- Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.
- Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING:
- Take off contaminated clothing.
- Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
- Call poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IF IN EYES:
- Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
- Call poison control or doctor for treatment advice.
- Move person to fresh air.
- If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably by mouth-to-mouth, if possible.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for further treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. For additional information on this pesticide product (including health concerns, medical emergencies or pesticide incidents), you may call 1-800-424-9300 or the National Pesticide Information Center at 1-800-858-7378.
Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals
No-Bite Flea and Tick Mist Caution
Harmful if swallowed. Avoid breathing spray mist. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum or using tobacco. Avoid contamination of food or feedstuffs.
This product is toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment wash water or rinsate. See Directions for Use for additional precautions and use restrictions.
PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS:
FLAMMABLE. Keep away from heat and open flame. Do not apply this product around electrical equipment due to possibility of shock hazard.
EPA Reg. No. 49784-4-12281
EPA Est. No. 47258-TX-01
MFD FOR: DURVET, INC., 100 S.E. MAGELLAN DRIVE, BLUE SPRINGS, MO 64014
16 FLUID OZ (473 ML)
32 FLUID OZ (946 ML)
NAC No.: 10842894
P.O. BOX 279, 100 S.E. MAGELLAN DRIVE, BLUE SPRINGS, MO, 64014
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the No-Bite Flea and Tick Mist information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-04-26