Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (LaSota Strain, Mass. Type) LS Mass II (Canada)This page contains information on Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (LaSota Strain, Mass. Type) LS Mass II for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (LaSota Strain, Mass. Type) LS Mass II Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (LaSota Strain, Mass. Type) LS Mass II
- Direction and dosage information for Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (LaSota Strain, Mass. Type) LS Mass II
Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (LaSota Strain, Mass. Type) LS Mass IIThis treatment applies to the following species:
B1 Type, LaSota Strain, Mass. Type, Live Virus
For Veterinary Use Only
Read in full, follow directions carefully.
Store this vaccine under 7°C (45°F).
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Use entire contents of vial when first opened.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
For drinking-water vaccination
LS Mass II is a combination live-virus vaccine. The Newcastle fraction is the B1 type, LaSota strain, and the bronchitis fraction is prepared from a modified strain of infectious-bronchitis virus, Massachusetts type. This vaccine is recommended as an aid in the prevention of Newcastle disease and of infectious bronchitis, Massachusetts serotype.
For Drinking-water Vaccination
LS Mass II Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine is recommended for the vaccination of healthy chickens 2 weeks of age or older. If chickens are vaccinated by this route before 2 weeks of age, they should be revaccinated.
1. Discontinue use of medications or sanitizing agents in the drinking water 24 hours before vaccinating. Do not resume use for 24 hours following vaccination.
2. Water used for the drinking-water administration of a live virus vaccine must be non-chlorinated.
3. Provide enough waterers so two-thirds of the birds may drink at one time. Scrub waterers with fresh, clean, non-chlorinated water, and use no disinfectant. Let the waterers drain dry.
4. Turn off automatic waterers, so the only available water is the vaccine water. Do not give vaccine water through medication tanks.
5. Withhold water for 2 to 4 hours before vaccinating. Do not deprive the birds of water if the temperature is extremely high.
6. Remove seal from vaccine vial.
7. Remove stopper and half-fill vial with clean, cool, non-chlorinated water.
8. Replace stopper and shake until dissolved.
9. Use a clean container two-thirds filled with cool, clean, non-chlorinated water. Add dried milk at a rate of 284 grams (10 ounces) per 95 liters (25 gallons) of the final volume of vaccine solution. Stir the mixture until the dried milk is dissolved.
10. Add the rehydrated vaccine from the vial and again stir the contents thoroughly.
11. Next, add the mixture to the final volume of water, as follows:
Add this amount of Vaccine
to this final amount of water
for chickens 2 to 8 weeks old
for chickens over 8 weeks old
95 to 190 liters (25 to 50 gallons)
190 to 380 liters (50 to 100 gallons)
12. Give 1 dose of vaccine per bird.
13. Distribute the final volume of (vaccine) water evenly among the clean waterers. Do not place the waterers in direct sunlight. Resume regular water administration only after all the vaccine water has been consumed.
For growing chickens intended for replacement flocks or breeder flocks, it is advisable to revaccinate in advance of the onset of egg production.
If possible, vaccinate all susceptible birds on the premises at the same time. For 10 to 14 days after vaccinating, avoid carrying vaccine particles on shoes, clothing, etc., into areas where there are unvaccinated birds.
Newcastle Disease Vaccine virus is capable of causing a mild, irritating eye infection in humans, lasting about 3 days. Do not allow vaccine to contact the eyes.
Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (LaSota Strain, Mass. Type) LS Mass II Caution
This product should be stored, transported, and administered in accordance with the instructions and directions.
The use of this vaccine is subject to state laws, wherever applicable.
Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date; date of receipt and date of vaccination; where vaccination takes place; and any reactions observed.
This product is nonreturnable.
10 x 1,000 Doses
No. 58193: 10 x 10,000 Doses
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
NAC No.: 1198386.2
16,740 TRANS-CANADA HIGHWAY, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Technical Services Canada:||800-461-0917|
|Technical Services USA:||800-366-5288|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (LaSota Strain, Mass. Type) LS Mass II information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-02-06