Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine, B1 Type, B1 Strain, Mass. and Ark. Types, Live VirusThis page contains information on Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine, B1 Type, B1 Strain, Mass. and Ark. Types, Live Virus for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine, B1 Type, B1 Strain, Mass. and Ark. Types, Live Virus Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine, B1 Type, B1 Strain, Mass. and Ark. Types, Live Virus
- Direction and dosage information for Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine, B1 Type, B1 Strain, Mass. and Ark. Types, Live Virus
Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine, B1 Type, B1 Strain, Mass. and Ark. Types, Live VirusThis treatment applies to the following species:
For veterinary use only
Read in full, follow directions carefully.
Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine, B1 Type, B1 Strain, Massachusetts and Arkansas Types Live Virus, is recommended for mass administration to healthy chickens, as an aid in the prevention of Newcastle disease and of infectious bronchitis, Massachusetts and Arkansas serotypes.
Store at not above 45°F (7°C).
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Use entire contents of vial when first opened.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
Caution: Use of this product is restricted to states in which officials have permitted it.
For drinking-water administration
Directions For Drinking-water Administration
Use this product to vaccinate healthy chickens through the drinking water when they are 2 weeks of age or older. If the product is used prior to 2 weeks of age, less than optimum results may be encountered.
1. If medications or sanitizing agents are being given or used in the drinking water, discontinue their use at least 24 hours before vaccinating and do not resume their use for 24 hours following consumption of the vaccine water.
2. Water used for the drinking-water administration of a live-virus vaccine must be non-chlorinated.
3. Provide enough waterers so that at least two-thirds of the birds may drink at one time. Scrub waterers with fresh, clean, non-chlorinated water, and use no disinfectant. Then, let the waterers drain dry.
4. Turn off automatic waterers, so that the only available water is the vaccine water (from ordinary waterers). Do not give vaccine water through medication tanks.
5. To stimulate thirst, withhold water for 2 hours before vaccinating.
6. Remove aluminum seal from vial.
7. Remove rubber stopper and half-fill vial with clean, cool, non-chlorinated water.
8. Replace stopper in vial and shake it until vaccine is in solution.
9. Use a clean container two-thirds filled with cool, clean, non-chlorinated water. To this add dried milk. Use 10 oz. (284 grams) dried milk if final volume of water per 10,000 doses of vaccine is to be 25 gallons (95 liters); 20 oz. (568 grams) dried milk if final volume of water is to be 50 gal. (190 liters); 40 oz. (1136 grams) dried milk for a final volume of 100 gal. (380 liters); etc. Shake or stir until the dried milk is in solution.
10. Add the rehydrated vaccine from the vial to the water containing dried milk and shake or stir thoroughly.
11. Next, add this solution containing the 10,000 doses to water to make the final volume as follows:
For chickens 2 to 8 weeks old - 25 to 50 gallons (95 to 190 liters)
For chickens over 8 weeks old - 50 to 100 gallons (190 to 380 liters)
12. Never provide less than 1 dose vaccine per bird.
13. Distribute the final volume of vaccine water evenly among the clean waterers. Do not place the waterers in direct sunlight. Resume regular water administration only after all the vaccine water has been consumed.
If possible, vaccinate all susceptible birds on the premises at the same time. For 10 to 14 days after vaccinating, exercise particular care to avoid carrying particles on shoes, clothing, etc., into areas where there are unvaccinated birds. Newcastle Disease Vaccine virus is capable of causing a mild but irritating eye infection in humans, lasting approximately 3 days. Do not allow vaccine to contact the eyes.
Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine, B1 Type, B1 Strain, Mass. and Ark. Types, Live Virus Caution
This product should be stored, transported, and administered in accordance with the instructions and directions. The use of this vaccine is subject to state laws, wherever applicable.
Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date; date of receipt and date of vaccination; where vaccination takes place; and any reactions observed.
THIS PRODUCT IS NONRETURNABLE.
List No. 8489: 10 x 10,000 Doses
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
NAC No.: 36903022
333 PORTAGE STREET, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49007
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine, B1 Type, B1 Strain, Mass. and Ark. Types, Live Virus information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2018-09-28