Neomycin SP (Canada)This page contains information on Neomycin SP for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Neomycin SP Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Neomycin SP
- Direction and dosage information for Neomycin SP
Neomycin SPThis treatment applies to the following species:
Neomycin sulfate, USP Soluble Powder
Water Soluble Powder for Chickens, Turkeys, Swine, Cattle, Sheep and Horses
Veterinary Use Only
WarningsKeep out of reach of children.
Treated animals must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least: broilers - 7 days, laying hens, turkeys, pigs, sheep - 14 days, cattle - 30 days after the latest treatment with this drug. This drug is not to be administered to horses that are to be slaughtered for use in food.
Neomycin sulfate, USP 812.5 mg/g (eq. to 549.47 mg of Neomycin base).
Chickens and turkeys: As an aid in the treatment of Bluecomb or transmissible enteritis in turkeys, bacterial enteritis, enteritis associated with chronic respiratory disease (CRD) and other neomycin-sensitive infections in chickens and turkeys.
Swine, cattle, sheep and horses: As an aid in the treatment of scours (bacterial enteritis).
Dosage and Administration
Chickens and turkeys: Flock treatment: As soon as symptoms are observed, give Neomycin SP for 3 to 5 days. If no improvement is noted after 5 days of treatment, the diagnosis should be redetermined.
Add Neomycin SP to the drinking water as follows:
- Day-old to 2 weeks: 20 g of powder per 225 L of drinking water or 100 g of powder per 1125 L of drinking water.
- 2 weeks to adulthood: 40 g of powder per 225 L of drinking water or 200 g of powder per 1125 L of drinking water.
- Bacterial enteritis and enteritis associated with CRD: 40 g of powder per 225 L of drinking water or 200 g of powder per 1125 L of drinking water.
- Bluecomb or transmissible enteritis: 100 g of powder per 335 L of drinking water for 8 days medication, as per the following schedule:
a. 3 days - medication
b. 2 days - no medication
c. 3 days - medication
d. 2 days - no medication
e. 2 days - medication
FOR AUTOMATIC PROPORTIONER:
Set the apparatus to distribute 30 mL per 4 L of drinking water (1 oz./gallon U.S.). Prepare the stock solution by dissolving:
- Day-old to 2 weeks: 100 g of powder per 8.5 L of drinking water.
- 2 weeks to adulthood: 200 g of powder per 8.5 L of drinking water.
- Bacterial enteritis associated with CRD: 200 g of powder per 8.5 L of drinking water.
- Bluecomb or transmissible enteritis: 100 g of powder per 2.5 L of drinking water.
Swine, Cattle, Sheep And Horses
- Individual treatment: Add to the drinking water consumed daily, 1 g of powder per 50 kg of bodyweight.
- Herd treatment: Add to the drinking water consumed daily, 100 g of powder per 5000 kg of bodyweight.
Cautions: Do not administer medicated drinking water for more than 3 days in a row at this dosage rate. During the treatment period, medicated water should be the only source of drinking water. Prepare fresh solutions daily.
NOTE: 1 tablespoonful equals 8 g.
StorageStore between 15°C and 25°C. Protect from moisture and light.
Presentation: 100g, 1kg, 10kg
Product Code: NYC100 (100g), NYC1 (1kg), NYC10 (10kg)
Alberta Veterinary Laboratories Inc., 411 - 19th Street SE, Calgary, AB T2E 6J7
NAC No.: 1602017.0
411-19TH STREET S.E., CALGARY, AB, T2E 6J7
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Neomycin SP information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2018-10-31