Monteban 100 (Canada)This page contains information on Monteban 100 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Monteban 100 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Monteban 100
- Direction and dosage information for Monteban 100
Monteban 100This treatment applies to the following species:
Narasin Premix USP with Microtracers®
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY
FOR USE IN BROILER CHICKEN AND GROWING-FINISHING SWINE FEEDS ONLY
1. As an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by E. necatrix, E. tenella, E. acervulina, E. brunetti, E. mitis and E. maxima in broiler chickens.
2. For the prevention of necrotic enteritis in broiler chickens.
3. For increased rate of weight gain and improved feed efficiency in growing-finishing swine.
Important: Must be thoroughly mixed in feeds before use.
100 g per kilogram
Claims 1 and 2: Thoroughly mix 0.7 kg Monteban 100 premix in one tonne of complete feed to provide 70 grams of narasin per tonne.
Claim 3: Thoroughly mix 0.15 kg Monteban 100 premix in one tonne of complete feed to provide 15 grams of narasin per tonne.
For better dispersion, it is recommended that Monteban 100 premix be mixed with a portion of the ingredients prior to the incorporation in the complete feed being prepared.
Feed continuously as the sole ration to broiler chickens, or growing and finishing pigs from 20-25 kg to market weight.
1. Do not feed to laying chickens.
2. When mixing and handling Monteban 100 premix, use protective clothing, impervious gloves, and a dust mask. If accidental eye contact occurs, immediately rinse thoroughly with water. Operators should wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.
3. No withdrawal period is required in broiler chickens or swine when Monteban 100 is used according to label directions.
4. Keep out of reach of children.
1. Do not allow canines, horses or other equines access to formulations containing Monteban 100. Ingestion of Monteban 100 by these species has been fatal.
2. Poultry and swine consuming narasin should not be treated with products containing tiamulin. Severe growth depression may occur.
3. Do not feed to turkeys.
4. In the absence of coccidiosis, feeds containing in excess of 70 ppm narasin may reduce the performance of growing broiler chickens.
5. Do not use this medicated feed for the treatment of outbreaks of coccidiosis.
6. Do not use in feeds for swine intended for breeding.
7. Not to be used in feeds containing pellet binding agents with the exception of Basfin (0.03%), Lignosol (4%), and Bentonite (2%).
STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at or below 25°C. Excursions permitted to 37°C.
Elanco, Monteban and the diagonal bar are trademarks owned or licensed by Eli Lilly and Company, its subsidiaries or affiliates.
Microtracer is a registered trademark of Micro Tracers Inc., U.S.A.
ELANCO, Division Eli Lilly Canada Inc., 150 Research Lane, Suite 120, Guelph, ON, N1G 4T2
NAC No.: 1184057.0
RESEARCH PARK CENTRE, 150 RESEARCH LANE, SUITE 120, GUELPH, ON, N1G 4T2
|Elanco Canada Limited Customer Service Telephone:||800-387-6325|
|Elanco Canada Limited Customer Service Fax:||800-827-5782|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Monteban 100 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-08-31