The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
MetriSpongeThis page contains information on MetriSponge for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- MetriSponge Indications
- Warnings and cautions for MetriSponge
- Direction and dosage information for MetriSponge
MetriSpongeThis treatment applies to the following species:
Saturated with MetriZyme® Dual Enzymatic Detergent
- Easy-to-use, premoistened sponge.
- Sponge contour enables thorough precleaning.
- Dual proteolytic enzymes help clean fast, especially in hard-to-reach places.
- One-time use helps prevent cross-contamination.
MetriSPONGE’s special contouring helps remove gross soil, while the enzymes help lift organic debris from the surfaces.
ONE-TIME USE ONLY - DO NOT REUSE
- May cause eye and skin irritation.
- May cause throat, mouth, and stomach irritation if ingested.
- Repeated inhalation may result in sensitization and allergic reaction in hypersensitive individuals.
- Avoid contact with strong oxidizing agents (bleach).
- Long exposure of product to heat and/or humidity may reduce product’s activity.
- Keep in a cool place.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Protective gloves, eye gear, and impervious gown must be worn.
FIRST AID MEASURES:
EYES-Flush immediately with water for 15 minutes. Seek medical attention.
SKIN-Wash with soap and water.
INHALATION-Seek fresh air. Consult physician if allergic response exhibited.
INGESTION-Do not induce vomiting. Consult physician.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REFER TO: Metrex Research MetriSPONGE Material Safety Data Sheet.
Directions For Use
- Remove MetriSPONGE from bag and squeeze to the point of foam. Immerse in water and thoroughly scrub surfaces. Allow a minimum of 2-5 minutes contact time. Visually inspect for cleanliness.
- For more thorough cleaning, even in hard-to-reach places, use MetriZyme Dual Enzymatic Detergent solution, per manufacturer’s label directions.
- Rinse all surfaces thoroughly with warm water.
NOTE: MetriZyme is not a sterilant/disinfectant. After cleaning with MetriSPONGE, equipment and instruments must be disinfected/sterilized according to appropriate procedures.
STORAGE - Store in a cool area.
PRECAUTIONS - Protective gloves, safety glasses and clothing are required. If accidental eye contact occurs, flush immediately with water for 15 minutes and seek medical attention. Temporary redness of the eye may occur.
For product or technical information, contact Metrex at 800-841-1428 or visit our website at www.metrex.com.
Metrex® Research, 28210 Wick Road, Romulus, Michigan 48174
MADE IN USA
4x25 Individual MetriSPONGEs/box
NAC No.: 13400162
1717 W. COLLINS AVENUE, ORANGE, CA, 92867
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the MetriSponge information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-11-28