Max 40 Insecticide Cattle Ear TagThis page contains information on Max 40 Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Max 40 Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Max 40 Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag
- Direction and dosage information for Max 40 Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag
Max 40 Insecticide Cattle Ear TagThis treatment applies to the following species:
● MAX 40 tags have been proven to be effective against pyrethroid resistant horn flies for up to five months
● For use on Beef and Non-lactating Dairy Cattle
● Controls horn flies, gulf coast ticks and spinose ear ticks*
● Aids to control face flies, lice*, stable flies* and house flies*
For use on Beef and Non-Lactating Dairy Cattle
Horn Flies (including pyrethroid resistant populations)
Gulf Coast Ticks
Spinose Ear Ticks*
Aids to Control:
CONTAINS 40% DIAZINON
Keep Out of Reach of Children
*Not for Use on this Pest in California
Diazinon (CAS #333-41-5)
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Reformulation or repackaging of this product is prohibited.
For adequate control of horn flies, attach one tag per animal. For optimum control of horn flies, control of ear ticks, and as an aid in the control of face flies, lice, stable flies and house flies, attach one tag to each ear (two per animal). Replace as necessary. MAX 40 tags have been proven to be effective against pyrethroid resistant horn flies for up to five months. Apply as shown with a Y-TEX 2-piece tag applicator (i.e. UltraTagger plus). Disinfect tag applicator before use. To minimize development of insecticide resistance in horn flies, remove used tags at the end of the season and follow the recommended tag rotation program. Calves less than 3 months of age should not be tagged as ear damage may result. Remove tags before slaughter.
Seat male button firmly on pin, press down and give a slight twist.
Place female tag firmly under clip. Collar on tag must be pointing away from pin.
Position applicator over ear and squeeze the handles together.
The ideal position for male stud is between the second and third radial cartilage as shown.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in a cool place in original container. Opened pouches containing ear tags should be resealed for storage.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL: Waste (spent tags) resulting from the use of this product may be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.
CONTAINER DISPOSAL: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Dispose of empty pouch in a landfill or by incineration or by other procedures allowed by state and local authorities.
Contains an organophosphate that inhibits cholinesterase.
If on skin or clothing
● Take off contaminated clothing
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice
If in eyes
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes
● Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice
● Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice
● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor
● Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious or convulsing person
Hot Line Number
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-255-3924 for emergency medical treatment information.
Note To Physician
This product is a cholinesterase inhibitor. If symptoms of cholinesterase inhibition are present, atropine sulfate by injection is antidotal. 2-PAM is also antidotal and may be administered, but only in conjunction with atropine.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
May be fatal if absorbed through skin. Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Wear chemical-resistant gloves made of rubber or any waterproof material (thickness equal to or greater than 14 mils) when applying tags.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
Applicators and other handlers must wear:
● Coveralls worn over short-sleeved shirt and short pants
● Chemical resistant footwear
● Waterproof gloves
User Safety Requirements
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
User Safety Recommendations:
● Wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
● Remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
● Remove PPE immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
This pesticide is highly toxic to birds, fish and other wildlife. Do not apply directly to water. Do not contaminate water by disposal of used tags.
Notice Of Warranty
To the extent consistent with applicable law, Y-TEX CORPORATION MAKES NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED concerning this product or its uses which extend beyond the use of the product under normal conditions in accord with the statements made on the label, and in any case, is limited to replacement of tags only.
This guarantee is a limited guarantee, limited to the replacement of tags only, if the tags failed after being properly applied, to remain in the animal’s ear for a five (5) month period due to tag breakage or separation from button.
EPA EST. NO. 39039-WY-01
EPA REG. NO. 39039-28
Y-TEX CORPORATION, 1825 BIG HORN AVENUE, CODY, WYOMING 82414
MADE IN USA
0.53 oz. (15 grams) PER TAG
20 EAR TAGS
1825 BIG HORN AVENUE, CODY, WY, 82414
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Max 40 Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2021 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2021-10-04