Skip to Content

Just One Bite EX Bait Station

This page contains information on Just One Bite EX Bait Station for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
  • Just One Bite EX Bait Station Indications
  • Warnings and cautions for Just One Bite EX Bait Station
  • Direction and dosage information for Just One Bite EX Bait Station

Just One Bite EX Bait Station

This treatment applies to the following species:
Manufacturer: Farnam

3 Bait Stations

Preloaded, Disposable

THIS BAIT STATION IS NOT TAMPER RESISTANT

Use Indoors Only in Areas Inaccessible to Children and Pets

Kills House Mice

*House Mice usually consume a toxic dose in a single feeding, but it may take two or more days from time of bait consumption for them to die.

Due to Stop Feed Action, house mice cease feeding after consuming a toxic dose.

This Product Is Effective Against Anti-coagulant Resistant House Mice

For Use in Homes and Residential Buildings

Effective Indoor House Mouse Control

Active Ingredient

Bromethalin (CAS No. 63333-35-7)

0.01%

OTHER INGREDIENTS:

99.99%

TOTAL:

100.00%

Contains Bitrex

KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN

Just One Bite EX Bait Station Caution

MAY BE HARMFUL IF EATEN BY CHILDREN OR PETS

EPA Reg. No. 67517-89-270

EPA Est. No. 2724-TX-1

PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS

Hazards To Humans And Domestic Animals

Just One Bite EX Bait Station Caution

Just One Bite EX Bait Station Caution

Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through the skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Keep away from children, domestic animals and pets. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Wash hands with soap and water after handling bait station.

User Safety Requirements:

Follow manufacturer’s instruction for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry. Remove PPE immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash hands thoroughly after applying bait and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet, and change into clean clothing.

FIRST AID

Have product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor for treatment. You may also contact the Hotline Number at 1-800-234-2269 for health concerns, emergency medical treatment information or pesticide incidents.

IF SWALLOWED:

● Call a poison control center or doctor or HOT LINE NUMBER 1-800-234-2269 immediately for treatment advice.

● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.

● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.

● Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.

IF IN EYES:

● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.

● Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.

● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.

IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING:

● Take off contaminated clothing.

● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.

● Call a poison control center or doctor or HOT LINE NUMBER 1-800-234-2269 immediately for treatment advice.

TREATMENT FOR PET POISONING

If animal eats this bait, call a veterinarian at once.

NOTE TO PHYSICIAN OR VETERINARIAN

Contains the nerve poison bromethalin. This product is not an anticoagulant type rodenticide. For humans or animals ingesting bait and/or showing poisoning signs (such as muscle tremors, loss of hind limb use, or seizures for animals), limit absorption by either emesis or gastric lavage. Sublethal symptoms, if present, would be the result of cerebral edema and should be treated accordingly through administration of an osmotic diuretic and corticosteroid.

ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: This product is extremely toxic to mammals and birds. Dogs and scavenging mammals and birds might be poisoned if they feed upon animals that have eaten this bait. Do not apply directly to water.

Directions For Use

It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.

READ THE LABEL: Read the entire label and follow all use directions and use precautions. Use this product only for the sites, pests, and application methods described on the label.

IMPORTANT: THIS IS NOT A TAMPER-RESISTANT BAIT STATION. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT OUTDOORS OR IN AREAS ACCESSIBLE TO CHILDREN, PETS, DOMESTIC ANIMALS, AND NONTARGET WILDLIFE.

To help prevent accidents:

1. Store product not in use in a location out of reach of children and pets.

2. Dispose of product container and unused, spoiled and unconsumed bait as specified on the label.

USE SITES: For indoor use only. This product may only be used to control house mice in homes and residential buildings.

USE RESTRICTIONS: Do not use this product in sewers or any outdoor area. Do not place this ready-to-use bait station in any area where there is a possibility of contaminating food or surfaces that come into direct contact with food. Do not break station open and/or deliberately remove bait from it. Do not sell this product in individual containers holding more than 1 pound of bait.

SELECTION OF TREATMENT AREAS: Determine areas where house mice will most likely find and consume the bait. Generally, these are along walls, by gnawed openings, in corners and concealed places, between floors and walls, or in locations where house mice or their signs have been seen. Remove as much alternative food accessible to house mice as possible.

APPLICATION DIRECTIONS: The active ingredient in this product is different from anticoagulant rodenticides. Individual house mice cease feeding after consuming a toxic dose.

HOUSE MICE: While wearing gloves, place bait stations 8 to 12 feet apart in infested areas. Highest bait consumption is expected to occur on the first day or two after treatment. After several days, while wearing gloves, inspect bait placements and replace with new bait stations at sites where there is heavy feeding or where there is continued evidence of house mouse activity. Continue baiting until all signs of house mouse activity have ceased.

While wearing gloves, collect and properly dispose of all dead house mice and used bait stations. To discourage reinfestation, limit sources of rodent food, water, and harborage as much as possible. If reinfestation does occur, repeat treatment.

STORAGE AND DISPOSAL

Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.

PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store only in original container in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets. Keep containers closed and away from other chemicals.

PESTICIDE DISPOSAL: Wastes resulting from the use of this product may be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.

CONTAINER HANDLING: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.

NOTICE OF WARRANTY

Buyer assumes all responsibility for safety and use not in strict accordance with directions for use.

Manufactured for: Farnam Companies, Inc., P.O. Box 34820, Phoenix, AZ 85067-4820

www.farnam.com

Call with comments or questions: 1-800-234-2269

©2011 Farnam Companies, Inc.

Farnam, the Farnam design and Just One Bite are trademarks of Farnam Companies, Inc.

NET CONTENTS:

Product Code:

RM#

 

0.5 oz. Block per Bait Station

100505463

300511108

300511107

11-1498

11-1499

NAC No.: 1000352.1

FARNAM COMPANIES, INC.
301 WEST OSBORN ROAD, P.O. BOX 34820, PHOENIX, AZ, 85013-3928
Telephone:   602-285-1660
Toll-Free:   800-234-2269
Fax:   602-207-2183
Website:   www.farnam.com
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Just One Bite EX Bait Station information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.

Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-10-31

Hide