JorVet J-326AS Acid Fast StainThis page contains information on JorVet J-326AS Acid Fast Stain for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- JorVet J-326AS Acid Fast Stain Indications
- Warnings and cautions for JorVet J-326AS Acid Fast Stain
- Direction and dosage information for JorVet J-326AS Acid Fast Stain
JorVet J-326AS Acid Fast StainThis treatment applies to the following species:
Kinyoun Carbol Fuchsin
1% Sulfuric Acid
Loeffler Methylene Blue
JorVet J-326AS Acid Fast Stain Indications
This stain is useful in identifying microorganisms that are strongly acid or alcohol fast in staining. Recently they have been found to be useful in selectively staining cryptosporidium oocysts and various spirochetes.
Directions For Use
1. Pick a portion of material with an applicator stick, mix the material in a drop of saline, spread it on a glass slide (1 x 3 inch), and allow to dry.
2. Fix the dried film in methanol for 1 minute and air dry the slide, (component A).
3. Flood the slide with Kinyoun Carbol Fuchsin (component #1), and stain for 5 minutes.
4. Wash slide with 50% Ethanol (component #2), and immediately rinse slide with water.
5. Decolorize the smear with 1% Sulfuric Acid (component #3) for 2 minutes, or until no color runs from the slide.
6. Wash the slide with water.
7. Counterstain the smear with Loeffler Methylene Blue (component #4) for 1 minute.
8. Rinse the slide with water, dry it, and examine the smear with Immersion Oil. Cryptosporidium oocysts stain bright red and background materials stain blue or pale red.
StorageAlways close the lid tightly on the component bottles to avoid evaporation loss.
Presentation: 4 oz.
NAC No.: 11520080
1450 NORTH VAN BUREN AVE., LOVELAND, CO, 80538
|Technical Information:||Ask for Vet-Tech|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the JorVet J-326AS Acid Fast Stain information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-08-31