JorVet J-325 Sudan III Fecal StainThis page contains information on JorVet J-325 Sudan III Fecal Stain for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- JorVet J-325 Sudan III Fecal Stain Indications
- Warnings and cautions for JorVet J-325 Sudan III Fecal Stain
- Direction and dosage information for JorVet J-325 Sudan III Fecal Stain
JorVet J-325 Sudan III Fecal StainThis treatment applies to the following species:
Contents: 1% Sudan in 70% alcohol.
JorVet J-325 Sudan III Fecal Stain Indications
For microscopic examination of feces in order to estimate the completeness of digestion and/or absorption. Examination is made for fat droplets (neutral lipid).
Directions For Use
A fecal specimen from a normal dog should be used as a control comparison. Pancreatic exocrine insufficiency yields large amounts of neutral undigested lipid in the feces. In malabsorption syndrome there is normal digestion but inadequate absorption.
1. Add a few drops of Sudan III to a thin film of fresh feces on a glass slide. Neutral fat will stain orange in large goblets.
2. In a case of suspected malabsorption, the sample is first acidified with two drops of vinegar (acetic acid), then gently heated with a cigarette lighter. Unabsorbed fat will now stain strongly orange with Sudan III. Malabsorption syndrome is suspected when the fecal sample is first negative for staining on fresh feces but positive staining after using acetic acid and heating of the fecal sample.
StorageKeep bottle covered. Store at room temperature.
Presentation: 250 mL bottle.
NAC No.: 11520050
1450 NORTH VAN BUREN AVE., LOVELAND, CO, 80538
|Technical Information:||Ask for Vet-Tech|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the JorVet J-325 Sudan III Fecal Stain information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2018-09-28