The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Intra-Trac 3This page contains information on Intra-Trac 3 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Intra-Trac 3 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Intra-Trac 3
- Direction and dosage information for Intra-Trac 3
Intra-trac 3This treatment applies to the following species:
Canine Adenovirus Type 2-parainfluenza-bordetella Bronchiseptica Vaccine
Modified Live Virus and Avirulent Live Culture
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
In The Absence Of A Veterinarian-client-patient Relationship, U.s. Federal Regulations Prohibit The Relabeling, Repackaging, Resale Or Redistribution Of The Individual Contents Of This Package.
Nobivac® Intra-Trac®3 vaccine is recommended for use as an aid in the prevention of disease associated with canine adenovirus type 2, canine parainfluenza virus and Bordetella bronchiseptica infection in healthy dogs 3 weeks of age or older. These agents have been implicated as playing a role in the etiology of the condition known as canine kennel cough.
When To Vaccinate
Vaccinate dogs at 3 weeks of age or older. Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended. Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships.
Preparation Of The Vaccine
1. Rehydrate live vaccine to desired volume with the accompanying Sterile Diluent.*
2. Draw the vaccine back into the syringe.
3. Remove needle from syringe.
4. Apply nasal applicator tip to syringe.
Intra-Trac 3 Dosage And Administration/how To Vaccinate
1 Dose - *Standard dose is 1 mL administered intranasally. Vaccine may be rehydrated with less than 1 mL of diluent to minimize discomfort when vaccinating small dogs and puppies. For one 1 mL dose, rehydrate vaccine with 1 mL sterile diluent or for one 0.5 mL dose, rehydrate vaccine with 0.5 mL sterile diluent. Instill the rehydrated vaccine into one or both nostrils of dogs as illustrated below.
5 Dose - *Standard dose is 1 mL administered intranasally. Vaccine may be rehydrated with less than 5 mL of diluent to minimize discomfort when vaccinating small dogs and puppies. For five 1 mL doses, rehydrate vaccine with 5 mL sterile diluent or for five 0.5 mL doses, rehydrate vaccine with 2.5 mL sterile diluent. Instill the rehydrated vaccine into one or both nostrils of five dogs as illustrated below.
Intra-Trac 3 Caution
1. THIS PRODUCT IS DESIGNED FOR INTRANASAL USE ONLY WITH THE ENCLOSED APPLICATORS. Systemic reactions resulting from inadvertent intramuscular or subcutaneous injection have been reported. Symptoms may include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, inappetence, jaundice and death associated with liver failure. Localized tissue necrosis at the injection site has also been reported. If inadvertent injection occurs, monitor the dog closely. Supportive therapy including IV fluids and treatment with gentamicin, tetracycline, trimethoprim/sulfa, or amoxicillin/clavulanic acid may be indicated. If anaphylactoid reaction occurs, use epinephrine.
2. Post vaccinal reactions consisting of mild canine cough syndrome may occur following use of this vaccine.
3. For veterinary use only. Store at 2° - 7°C (35° - 45°F). Use entire contents when first opened. Burn this container and all unused contents.
4. This vaccine contains penicillin, streptomycin and nystatin as preservatives.
Not For Parenteral Use
For veterinary use in dogs only.
Intervet Inc., Omaha, Nebraska, 68103, USA
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
© 2002, 2009 Intervet Inc.
All rights reserved.
2x5 DOSE - VARIED DOSE VOLUME
25x1 DOSE - VARIED DOSE VOLUME
150x1 DOSE - VARIED DOSE VOLUME
556 MORRIS AVE., SUMMIT, NJ, 07901
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Intra-Trac 3 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-02-26