The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Immucox For Chickens I (Canada)This page contains information on Immucox For Chickens I for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Immucox For Chickens I Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Immucox For Chickens I
- Direction and dosage information for Immucox For Chickens I
Immucox For Chickens IThis treatment applies to the following species:
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY
An oral Coccidiosis Vaccine of live oocysts of Eimeria spp.
Store in cool place (3 - 7°C)
DO NOT FREEZE
IMMUCOX® is designed for the purpose of delivering uniformly low doses of live oocysts to chickens to aid in the development of immunity against coccidiosis. When administered according to the directions (see below) IMMUCOX® can prevent mortality and reduced weight gains that are attributable to coccidiosis.
1. Be sure that no anticoccidial (coccidiostat) is used in the feed. Even a low level of anticoccidial can reduce or negate the effectiveness of the vaccine.
2. Broad spectrum antibiotics which possess anticoccidial activity (e.g. tetracyclines, sulfas and nitrofurans) should not be used together with IMMUCOX® for the first 12 days after vaccination.
3. Do not over dose or under dose.
4. If birds are housed in a confined space (e.g. brooding rings), they must be released from confinement by the sixth day post vaccination or area must be at least doubled.
Directions For Use
Follow the directions carefully.
1. Be sure that there is sufficient quantity (doses) of IMMUCOX® for the number of birds to be vaccinated. If the water administration method is being used, each vial of vaccine must be accompanied by one pouch of IMMUCOX® diluent. One vial of IMMUCOX® vaccinates 1000 birds.
2. Vaccinate only healthy birds.
3. Be sure that no water from any source is available to the birds during vaccination.
IMMUCOX® Water Administration
1. Add one package of IMMUCOX® diluent to 4L of cold tap water. Mix well.
2. Shake well and pour one vial of IMMUCOX® vaccine into the IMMUCOX® diluent solution. Mix well. The vaccine mixture is properly mixed when the colour appears uniform.
3. Evenly distribute all of the vaccine mixture into clean, empty drinkers. a) Water Troughs - Use all troughs. b) Bell-Shaped Drinkers - Use 1 drinker per 200 to 300 birds. c) Swish Cups - Pour into all drinkers and refill as required. d) Nipple Drinkers - DO NOT USE FOR VACCINATION. Use drinker trays.
Be sure to use all the predetermined amount of vaccine mixture.
4. Turn the drinking water back on when there is no vaccine mixture remaining in the drinkers (approximately 1 hour).
WHEN TO VACCINATE:
Vaccinate birds up to 5 days of age. No other vaccination for coccidiosis is necessary.
Immucox For Chickens I Caution
The capacity of IMMUCOX® to aid in the development of immunity in chickens against coccidiosis depends upon many factors. These include but are not limited to conditions of storage and handling of the vaccine by the user, administration of the vaccine, the responsiveness of individual birds to the vaccine and whether the directions for use and precautionary measures are being followed carefully.
The capacity of the vaccine will be reduced or negated by freezing or high temperature and if the directions for use and precautionary measures are not followed as described excessive morbidity and mortality may occur. Consult a poultry veterinarian or a diagnostic laboratory for proper diagnosis. Inform the veterinarian or the diagnostic laboratory that the flock has been vaccinated with IMMUCOX®.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
IMMUCOX® For Chickens I: Eimeria acervulina, E. maxima, E. necatrix and E. tenella
VETECH LABORATORIES INC. (dba Ceva Animal Health)
Canadian Veterinary Biologics Establishment License No. 23
® Registered Trademark of Vetech Laboratories Inc.
Presentation: Water administration - 1000 dose (15 mL) vials.
6-1040 FOUNTAIN ST. N., CAMBRIDGE, ON, N3E 1A3
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Immucox For Chickens I information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-10-21