IB-Vac-H (Canada)This page contains information on IB-Vac-H for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- IB-Vac-H Indications
- Warnings and cautions for IB-Vac-H
- Direction and dosage information for IB-Vac-H
IB-Vac-HThis treatment applies to the following species:
READ IN FULL
For Drinking Water or Coarse Spray Use
IB-VAC-H®, a live virus vaccine, is prepared from the proven Holland strain of infectious bronchitis virus. The virus has been propagated using SPF substrates. The immunizing capability of this vaccine has also been proven by the Master Seed Immunogenicity Test.
IB-Vac-H Indications For Use
Vaccination of healthy chickens two weeks of age or older for protection against Massachusetts type bronchitis by coarse spray after vaccination with milder bronchitis vaccines. Healthy chickens two weeks of age or older may be vaccinated by the drinking water route.
Many factors must be considered in determining a sound vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry complex. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered properly to healthy, receptive animals maintained in a proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be influenced by the age of the animals and their immune status. Seldom does one live virus vaccination under field conditions produce lifetime protection for all individuals in a given flock. The level of immunity required will vary with operational practices and the degree of exposure. Therefore, a program of periodic revaccinations may be necessary.
Preparation Of Vaccine
For Drinking Water Use
Product Code 043027
DO NOT OPEN AND MIX THE VACCINE UNTIL READY TO BEGIN VACCINATION. USE VACCINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER MIXING.
1. Remove the tear-off seal and stopper from vial containing the dried vaccine.
2. Carefully pour clean, cool, non-chlorinated water into the vaccine vial until the vial is approximately two-thirds full.
3. Insert the rubber stopper and shake vigorously until all material is dissolved.
4. The vaccine is now ready for drinking water in accordance with directions below. For best results, be sure to follow directions carefully!
Drinking Water Administration
For Chickens Four Weeks of Age or Older
1. Do not use any disinfectants in the drinking water for 48 hours before vaccinating and for 24 hours after vaccination.
2. Withhold the water from the chickens until they are thirsty. Withholding periods will vary from 2 to 8 hours according to the age of chickens and weather. Be careful in hot weather.
3. Scrub waterers and rinse thoroughly with fresh, clean water. Do not use disinfectants for cleaning waterers.
4. Rehydrate the vaccine as directed above.
5. Mix rehydrated vaccine with clean, cool, non-chlorinated tap water in accordance with the chart below.
Age of Chickens
Water Per 1000 Doses Vaccine
23 liters (6 gal.)
4 - 8 Weeks
38 liters (10 gal.)
8 Weeks or Older
60 liters (16 gal.)
As an aid in preserving the virus, 3.2 ounces (100 gms.) of non-fat powdered milk may be added to each 10 gallons (38 liters) of water used for mixing vaccine. Add the dried milk first and mix until dissolved. Then add the rehydrated vaccine from the vial and mix thoroughly.
6. Distribute the vaccine solution, as described, among the waterers provided for the chickens. Avoid placing waterers in direct sunlight.
7. Provide no other drinking water until all the vaccine-water solution has been consumed.
Coarse Spray Administration
For Chickens Two Weeks of Age or Older
1. Do not use any disinfectants or skim milk in sprayer.
2. Use sprayer only for administration of vaccine.
3. Shut off all fans while spray vaccinating. Turn on fan immediately after spraying.
4. Be careful in hot weather.
5. Spray chickens by walking slowly through the house.
6. Follow the manufacturer’s directions regarding water volume.
7. Use only clean, cool, deionized water.
8. Individual(s) spraying chickens should wear face mask and goggles.
1. This vaccine should not be used for initial bronchitis vaccination or initial spray bronchitis vaccination.
2. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS.
3. All susceptible chickens on the same premises should be vaccinated at the same time.
4. The revaccination of laying hens against bronchitis may be detrimental to the flock and cannot be generally recommended. Consult your Intervet representative for more information.
5. Efforts should be taken to reduce stress conditions at the time of vaccination and during the reaction period.
6. Do not spill or splash the vaccine.
7. Do not dilute the vaccine or otherwise stretch the dosage.
8. Use entire contents when first opened.
9. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
10. Burn containers and all unused contents.
11. This vaccine contains gentamicin as a preservative.
12. FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Intervet Inc. and USDA requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
This product is not hazardous when used according to directions supplied. A material safety data sheet (MSDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Intervet Customer Service at (toll free) 1-866-683-7838.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed and location of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
10 x 10,000 Doses
- Drinking Water or Coarse Spray Use
The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable federal and local laws and regulations.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
STORE VACCINE BETWEEN 2 AND 7°C (35 AND 45°F).
THIS PRODUCT IS NON-RETURNABLE
INTERVET INC., Millsboro, Delaware U.S.A.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
Distributed in Canada by Intervet Canada Corp.
Made in U.S.A.
For technical enquiries, call toll free 1 888 306-0069.
NAC No.: 12082211
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the IB-Vac-H information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-07-10