I-DEFENSE VET (Canada)This page contains information on I-DEFENSE VET for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- I-DEFENSE VET Indications
- Warnings and cautions for I-DEFENSE VET
- Direction and dosage information for I-DEFENSE VET
I-DEFENSE VETThis treatment applies to the following species:
LONG-LASTING HYDRATION AND LUBRICATION
Isotonic Ophthalmic Ointment Containing 0.4% Sodium Hyaluronate
I-DEFENSE VET Indications
I-DEFENSE® VET is a long-lasting hydrating and lubricating ointment for the eye surface. I-DEFENSE® VET is recommended for use in species such as dogs, cats, horses and other animals. I-DEFENSE® VET’s viscous nature enables a prolonged adhesion to the ocular surface, performing its moisturizing and protective action even during the night hours.
Directions For Use
● Wash your hands well before you use I-DEFENSE® VET.
● When opening I-DEFENSE® VET, do not use the first delivery of the ointment which may be aqueous. Gently squeeze the tube until the ointment begins to come out.
● Tilt the head of your companion animal up a little and pull the lower lid of its eye downwards to form a pouch.
● Hold the tube vertical to the eye.
● Press the tube gently to release a small quantity of I-DEFENSE® VET on the eye. Repeat the process on the other eye.
● Apply a small quantity of ointment, preferably at night.
● If an additional daily dose is required, apply a small quantity of ointment every three or four hours or according to your veterinarian’s instructions.
● Please take care that the tube tip does not touch anything, including the eye or your fingers.
● Close the cap properly and tightly after use.
I-DEFENSE® VET tube contains 5 g of sterile, isotonic ophthalmic ointment whose formulation consists of sodium hyaluronate, sodium chloride, vaseline oil, vaseline, monobasic potassium phosphate, potassium sorbate, disodium phosphate, lanolin alcohol, water and sodium hydroxymethylglycinate.
● Do not use I-DEFENSE® VET in case of known hypersensitivity or allergy to any of the components.
● In case of ocular irritation, stop using I-DEFENSE® VET ointment and consult your veterinarian for advice.
● After application, your companion animal may experience a foreign body sensation which passes after several blinks.
● Do not use I-DEFENSE® VET if the package is damaged.
● Do not use I-DEFENSE® VET after expiry date.
● For use within 8 weeks of opening.
● Store away from direct heat, in a cool, dry place at a temperature ranging from 9°C to 25°C (48°F to 77° F).
● Do not ingest.
● Do not use I-DEFENSE® VET on more than one companion animal.
● If you are using any other eye drops or ointments, leave about fifteen minutes between each application. It is recommended that you use I-DEFENSE® VET last.
● Do not use I-DEFENSE® VET in case of ocular lesions or active infection.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
NOT FOR USE IN HUMANS.
HOW IT’S SUPPLIED
I-DEFENSE® VET is supplied in a tube with a fill of 5 g (0.18 oz). Contents are isotonic and sterile.
STORE BETWEEN 9°C-25°C (48°F-77°F).
FOR USE WITHIN 8 WEEKS OF OPENING.
DO NOT USE BEYOND EXPIRY DATE.
I-DEFENSE® VET is a registered trademark of I-MED Pharma Inc.
©2019 I-MED Pharma Inc.
Manufactured in Italy for: I-MED ANIMAL HEALTH, 1601 St-Regis Blvd., Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC, Canada H9B 3H7
T (514) 685-8118
I-MED Animal Health
1601 ST. REGIS BLVD., DOLLARD-DES-ORMEAUX, QC, H9B 3H7
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the I-DEFENSE VET information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2022 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2021-11-29