HemaPeroxy Liquid Disinfectant, USP (Canada)This page contains information on HemaPeroxy Liquid Disinfectant, USP for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- HemaPeroxy Liquid Disinfectant, USP Indications
- Warnings and cautions for HemaPeroxy Liquid Disinfectant, USP
- Direction and dosage information for HemaPeroxy Liquid Disinfectant, USP
HemaPeroxy Liquid Disinfectant, USPThis treatment applies to the following species:
Peroxyacetic Acid, USP, 2.5% and Hydrogen Peroxide, USP, 11% w/w
Veterinary Use Only
WarningsKeep out of reach of children. For external use only. Poison, if taken internally. Oxidizing agent, corrosive to the eyes and skin.
READ THE LABEL BEFORE USING
Peroxyacetic Acid, USP, 2.5% w/w and Hydrogen Peroxide, USP, 11% w/w.
HemaPeroxy Liquid Disinfectant, USP Indications
For manufacturing, formulation or repackaging use in health care facilities, (i.e. hospitals, dental clinics, nursing homes) and/or food processing plants as a disinfectant cleaner for hard surfaces. Avoid contamination of food.
HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant is used for institutional/industrial disinfection of previously cleaned non-porous food contact surfaces in: Dairies, Wineries, Breweries and Beverage Plants; Meat and Poultry Processing/Packaging Plants; Milk and Dairy Products Processing/Packaging Plants; Seafood and Produce Processing/Packaging Plants; Food Processing/Packaging Plants; Egg Processing/Packaging Equipment Surfaces; Eating Establishments; Final Bottle Rinse; Eating, Drinking and Food Preparation Utensils; Tableware; Plastic, Glass and Metal Bottles (rinse).
HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant is for disinfection of inanimate, non-food contact surfaces, (general environmental surfaces).
HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant is for use in the disinfection of hard surfaces in general commercial and medical environment such as: Hospitals, Health Care Facilities, Veterinary Hospital/Clinics, Animal Life Science Labs, Pharmaceutical Facilities and Equipment; Schools, Colleges, Recreational Facilities, Office Buildings; Livestock Premises, Poultry Premises, Poultry Hatcheries, Animal Housing Facilities; Retail and Wholesale Establishments; Bathroom Premises.
HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant is for use in fogging applications as an adjunct to acceptable manual cleaning and disinfecting of room surfaces.
Directions For Use
For use in circulation cleaning and institutional/industrial disinfection of previously cleaned non-porous food contact surfaces and equipment, such as pipelines, tanks, vats, filters, evaporators, pasteurizers and aseptic equipment in:
• Dairies, Wineries, Breweries and Beverage Plants
• Meat and Poultry Processing/Packaging Plants
• Milk and Dairy Products Processing/Packaging Plants
• Seafood and Produce Processing/Packaging Plants
• Food Processing/Packaging Plants
• Egg Processing/Packaging Equipment Surfaces
• Eating Establishments
• Final disinfection Bottle Rinse
Disinfection And Decalcification Of Hemodialysis Equipment
HemaPeroxy® is ready to use in the chemical disinfecting, cleaning and decalcification cycle of hemodialysis machines. The equipment is pre-set to automatically deliver the required dosage and dilution of HemaPeroxy®. Normally, HemaPeroxy® is diluted 1/35 (3%) and a contact time of 10 minutes. HemaPeroxy® is suitable for the cleaning, disinfecting of water treatment systems. HemaPeroxy® is especially suited for decalcification, cleaning and disinfection of hemodialysis equipment.
Disinfection Of Non-porous Food Contact Surfaces
Clean equipment immediately after use:
1. Remove gross particulate matter with a warm water flush.
2. Wash, equipment with detergent or cleaning solution.
3. Rinse equipment with potable water.
4. Prepare HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant solution by adding 198 mL to 20 L potable water. This provides 280 ppm peroxyacetic acid and 1200 ppm hydrogen peroxide.
5. Fill closed systems with diluted disinfectant solution at a temperature of 5°C (41°F) to 40°C (104°F) and a contact time of 10 minutes.
6. For open or not completely closed systems, use a coarse spray mop/wipe or flood technique to apply the solution in the surface.
7. Allow surfaces to drain thoroughly before resuming operation.
Eating Establishment Disinfection
1. Scrape/prewash plates, utensils, cups, glasses, etc. whenever possible.
2. Wash all items with a detergent.
3. Rinse thoroughly with potable water.
4. Prepare HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant solution as follows: Add 198 mL of the product to 20 L of potable water. This will provide 280 ppm peroxyacetic acid and 1200 ppm hydrogen peroxide.
5. Immerse all items for at least 10 minutes or for a contact time as specified by the local governing code.
6. Place all items on a rack or drain board to air dry.
Disinfection Of Tableware
For disinfection of table ware in low temperature ware-washing machines, inject the diluted HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant solution (198 mL of the product to 20 L of potable water) into the final rinse water. Allow treated materials to air dry.
Final Disinfection Bottle Rinse
HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant may be used as a final disinfection rinse for plastic, glass or metal returnable and non-returnable bottles/cans.
1. Wash bottles with detergent or cleaning solution and rinse with potable water.
2. Rinse bottles/cans with a solution prepared by mixing 198 mL of the product to 20 L of potable water.
3. Drain dry.
Disinfection of Hatching Eggs
1. Prepare a dilute solution by adding 198 mL of HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant solution to 20 L of potable water.
2. Apply dilute solution, as eggs are gathered or prior to setting, as a coarse spray or flood so as to lightly wet all egg shell surfaces.
3. Allow to drain dry.
Disinfection Of Conveyors For Meat, Poultry, Seafood, Fruits And Vegetables
For use in washing, rinsing and disinfection of conveyor equipment, peelers, collators, slicers, saws etc.
1. Remove all products from equipment.
2. Prepare HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant solution by adding 198 mL of the product to 20 L of potable water.
3. Apply solution to the return portion of the conveyor or to the equipment using a coarse spray or other means of wetting the surfaces. Control the volume of solution so as to permit maximum drainage and to prevent puddles.
4. Allow equipment to drain dry before reusing.
HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant is an effective disinfectant against fungi (e.g. Trichophyton metagrophytes), Mycobacteria terrae and gram positive and negative bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella chloeraesuis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Klebsiella pneumonia which may be used in general commercial and medical environments to clean, disinfect and deodorize inanimate surfaces such as:
• Floors, walls and other non-porous surfaces such as tables, chairs, counter tops, garbage cans/bins, bathroom fixtures, sinks, bed frames, shelves, racks, carts, refrigerators, coolers, tile, linoleum, vinyl, asphalt, porcelain, plastic (such as poly propylene and polyethylene), stainless steel or glass.
• Areas of use in hospitals, surgical and obstetrical suites; operating tables, housekeeping services; physical therapy departments; nursing homes, health care facilities, autopsy facilities, pharmaceutical and chemical processing facilities and equipment.
• Schools, colleges, industrial facilities, dietary areas, office buildings, recreational facilities, retail and wholesale establishments.
• Animal hospitals, veterinary clinics, animal life science laboratories, kennels, kennel runs, cages, feeding and watering equipment, pet shops, zoos, pet animal quarters, poultry premises, trucks, hatcheries and livestock quarters.
Prepare HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant solution by adding 198 mL of the product to 20 L of potable water. This will provide 280 ppm peroxyacetic acid and 1200 ppm hydrogen peroxide. Remove gross filth from surfaces to be disinfected by cleaning with a detergent or suitable cleaning product. Rinse with clean water. Apply HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant solution by wiping, mopping, or as a coarse spray. Allow to soak for at least 10 minutes, rinse with potable water if disinfecting food contact surface, then air dry.
Disinfection and Deodorizing of Animal Housing Facilities, Poultry Premises, Coops, Trucks and Crates
1. Remove all animals/poultry from the facilities/items/areas to be disinfected.
2. Remove gross particulate, litter, droppings etc. with a warm water flush or by sweeping.
3. Empty all troughs, racks, and other feeding and watering equipment.
4. Wash all items thoroughly with detergent or cleaning solution and rinse with potable water.
5. Prepare a disinfecting solution by adding 198 mL of HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant to 20 L of potable water. This provides 280 ppm of peroxyacetic acid and 1200 ppm of hydrogen peroxide.
6. Before starting the treatment ensure that the work area is well ventilated.
7. Saturate surfaces with the diluted product for a period of at least 10 minutes.
8. Thoroughly scrub treated feed equipment i.e. feed racks, troughs, fountains etc. with a detergent and rinse with potable water.
9. Do not return animals/poultry or use equipment until solution has been completely absorbed and air dried.
Poultry Hatchery Disinfection
1. Remove remaining eggs and chicks and all gross particulate and other hatching related debris.
2. Thoroughly wash all surfaces with a recommended detergent or cleaning solution and then rinse with potable water.
3. Prepare the disinfecting solution by adding 198 mL of HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant to 20 L of potable water. This provides 280 ppm of peroxyacetic acid and 1200 ppm of hydrogen peroxide.
4. Before starting the treatment, ensure that the work area/room and any closed spaces are well ventilated.
5. Apply the disinfecting solution with a mop, cloth, brush or coarse spray, keeping surfaces wet for 10 minutes.
6. Air dry before re-introducing eggs.
Disinfectant solutions, prepared as specified may be applied as a coarse spray to surfaces to be disinfected. Thoroughly wet surfaces, allow to soak for at least 10 minutes (for disinfecting) then air dry.
HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant is for disinfecting hard room surfaces as an adjunct to acceptable manual cleaning and disinfecting of room surfaces.
1. Prior to fogging, remove or carefully protect all food products and packaging materials.
2. Ensure room is properly ventilated. Vacate all personnel from the room during fogging and for a minimum of 2 hours after fogging. Ensure there is no strong odor, characteristic of acetic acid, before having personnel return to work area.
3. Fog areas using one quart per 1000 cu. ft. of room area with a 0.30% HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant solution.
4. Allow surfaces to drain thoroughly before operations are resumed.
Note: Before using HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant to disinfect metal surfaces, it is recommended that the diluted solution be tested on a small area to determine compatibility.
Note: All surfaces that come in contact with food are to be rinsed with potable water after disinfection.
NOTICE TO BUYER: Seller’s guarantee shall be limited to the terms set out on the label and subject thereto: In all applications, always prepare a new disinfecting solution daily to ensure effectiveness. Do no reuse disinfecting solutions. Dispose of any unused disinfecting solution.
For more information see Material Safety Data Sheet.
Wear goggles or face shield and rubber gloves when handling. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.
Physical Or Chemical Hazards
Strong oxidizing agent. Mix only with water. HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant is not combustible; however, at temperatures exceeding 69°C, decomposition occurs releasing oxygen. The oxygen released could initiate or promote combustion of other materials.
This product is toxic to birds, mammals, fish and aquatic life. Do not discharge effluent containing this product into lakes, streams, ponds, estuaries, oceans, or other waters unless in accordance with requirements of a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit and the permitting authority has been notified in writing prior to discharge. Do no discharge effluent containing this product to sewer systems without previously notifying the local sewage treatment plant authority. For guidance contact your Regional office.
Any solution released from the system should be diluted with water and tested for residuals to ensure that there is less than 3 ppm peroxygen remaining.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Corrosive, causes eye and skin damage. Harmful if swallowed. Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing. Do not breathe the vapour or spray mist. Do not enter a recently sprayed/vaporized/fogged enclosed area without proper respiratory protection.
Note to physician: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.
This product is not to be used as a terminal sterilant/high-level disinfectant on any surface or instrument that (1) is introduced directly into the human body, either into or in contact with the bloodstream or normally sterile areas of the body, or (2) contacts intact mucous membranes but which does not ordinarily penetrate the blood barrier or otherwise enter normally sterile areas of the body. This product may be used to preclean or decontaminate critical or semi-critical medical devices prior to sterilization or high-level disinfection.
If swallowed: Rinse mouth with water. Dilute by giving 1 or 2 glasses of water. Do not induce vomiting. See a physician.
If inhaled: Remove to fresh air. If breathing discomfort occurs, call a physician. If breathing has stopped, apply artificial respiration and contact a physician.
If in eyes: Immediately flush with water for at least 15 minutes, lifting the upper and lower eyelids intermittently. See a physician.
If on skin: Immediately flush with plenty of water while removing contaminated clothing and/or shoes. Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. See a physician. Wash contaminated shoes and clothing before reuse.
StorageNEVER RETURN HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant TO THE ORIGINAL CONTAINER AFTER IT HAS BEEN REMOVED. Avoid all contaminants, especially dirt, caustic, reducing agents and metals. Contamination and impurities will reduce shelf life and can induce decomposition. In case of a decomposition, isolate container, douse container with cool water and dilute with large volumes of water.
Avoid damage to containers. Keep container closed at all times when not in use. Keep container out of direct sunlight. To maintain product quality, store at temperature below 30°C. Do not store on wooden pallets.
Pesticide Disposal: If material has been spilled, an acceptable method of disposal is to dilute with at least 10 volumes of water, followed by discharge into suitable treatment system in accordance with all local, provincial and Federal environmental laws, rules, regulations, standards and other requirements. Because acceptable methods of disposal may vary by location, regulatory agencies should be contacted prior to disposal.
HemaPeroxy® Disinfectant which is to be discarded should be disposed of as hazardous waste after contacting the appropriate local, provincial or Federal agency to determine proper procedures.
Container Disposal: Empty jugs are not returnable to Chief Medical Supplies Ltd., unless special arrangements have been made. Triple rinse jugs with water. Dispose of jugs in accordance with local, provincial and Federal regulations.
Procedure for Leak or Spill: Stop leak if this can be done without risk. Shut off ignition sources; no flames, smoking, flares or spark producing tools. Keep combustible and organic materials away. Flush spilled material with large quantities of water. Undiluted material should not enter confined spaces.
Supply available: 4L
Product Code: HPX4
Manufactured by: Chief Medical Supplies Ltd., 411 - 19th Street SE, Calgary, AB CANADA T2E 6J7
7226-107th AVENUE S.E., CALGARY, AB, T2C 5N6
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the HemaPeroxy Liquid Disinfectant, USP information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-10-21