The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Galaxy PvThis page contains information on Galaxy Pv for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Galaxy Pv Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Galaxy Pv
- Direction and dosage information for Galaxy Pv
Galaxy PvThis treatment applies to the following species:
Modified Live Virus
For veterinary use in dogs only
In The Absence Of A Veterinarian-client-patient Relationship, U.s. Federal Regulations Prohibit The Relabeling, Repackaging, Resale Or Redistribution Of The Individual Contents Of This Package.
Nobivac®: Canine 1-Pv vaccine is a modified live virus vaccine containing a Canine Parvovirus Type 2b strain for the vaccination of healthy dogs as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by canine parvovirus.
Galaxy Pv Dosage And Administration
Inject one dose (1 mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly. The initial dose may be given at 6 weeks of age or older. Repeat at 2 to 4 week intervals until the dog is 12 weeks of age. Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended. Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships. Use entire contents immediately.
- Store at 2° - 7°C.
- Do not freeze.
- Do not mix with other vaccines.
- Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
- Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
- Contains gentamicin and thimerosal as preservatives.
- Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
- Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
- The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions.
AntidoteEpinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
- The age at which maternal antibody for canine parvovirus no longer interferes with the development of active immunity varies according to the bitch’s titer and quantity of colostral antibodies absorbed by the puppy.
Intervet Inc., Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 888 306-0069 (Canada)
© 1999, 2009 Intervet Inc.
All rights reserved.
556 MORRIS AVE., SUMMIT, NJ, 07901
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Galaxy Pv information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-09-29