Galaxy Pv (Canada)This page contains information on Galaxy Pv for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Galaxy Pv Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Galaxy Pv
- Direction and dosage information for Galaxy Pv
Galaxy PvThis treatment applies to the following species:
MODIFIED LIVE VIRUS
For veterinary use in dogs only.
Galaxy™ Pv vaccine is a modified live virus vaccine containing a CPV Type 2b strain for the vaccination of healthy dogs as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by canine parvovirus.
Galaxy Pv Dosage And Administration
Inject one dose (1 mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly. The initial dose may be given at 6 weeks of age or older. Repeat at 2 to 4 week intervals until the dog is 12 weeks of age. Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended. Use entire contents immediately.
- Store at 2°- 7°C.
- Do not freeze.
- Do not mix with other vaccines.
- Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
- Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
- Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
- Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
- Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
- The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions.
AntidoteEpinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
- The age at which maternal antibody for canine parvovirus no longer interferes with the development of active immunity varies according to the bitch's titer and quantity of colostral antibodies absorbed by the puppy.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
Intervet Inc., Millsboro, Delaware 19966 U.S.A.
Intervet Canada Corp., 16750, route Transcanadienne, Kirkland QC, H9H 4M7
For technical enquiries, call toll free 1 888 306-0069.
™ Trademark of Intervet Canada Corp.
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Galaxy Pv information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-08-21