FVR C (Canada)This page contains information on FVR C for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- FVR C Indications
- Warnings and cautions for FVR C
- Direction and dosage information for FVR C
Fvr CThis treatment applies to the following species:
Feline Rhinotracheitis-calici Vaccine
MODIFIED LIVE VIRUS
For veterinary use in cats only
FVR® C vaccine is a modified live virus vaccine for the vaccination of healthy cats 8 to 9 weeks of age or older as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by feline rhinotracheitis and calici viruses.
FVR C Dosage And Administration
Transfer the contents of the diluent vial to the FVR C vial aseptically. Use entire contents immediately after rehydration.
Inject one dose (1 mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly at 8 to 9 weeks of age or older and repeat with a second dose 3 to 4 weeks later. If the animal is less than 12 weeks of age, it should be revaccinated every three to four weeks until 12 to 16 weeks of age.
Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended.
- Store at 2°- 7°C.
- Do not freeze.
- Do not mix with other vaccines.
- Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
- Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
- Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
- Some reports suggest that in cats, the administration of certain veterinary biologicals may induce the development of injection-site fibrosarcomas.
- Do not vaccinate pregnant cats.
- The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions.
AntidoteEpinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
Intervet Inc., Millsboro, Delaware 19966 U.S.A.
Intervet Canada Corp., 16750, route Transcanadienne, Kirkland QC, H9H 4M7
For technical enquiries, call toll free 1 888 306-0069.
® Registered trademark of Schering-Plough Animal Health Corporation, used under license by Intervet Canada Corp.
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the FVR C information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-04-21