equitrX Wound Healing Spray GelThis page contains information on equitrX Wound Healing Spray Gel for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- equitrX Wound Healing Spray Gel Indications
- Warnings and cautions for equitrX Wound Healing Spray Gel
- Direction and dosage information for equitrX Wound Healing Spray Gel
equitrX Wound Healing Spray GelThis treatment applies to the following species:
Caution: Federal (USA) law restricts this product to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
equitrX is composed of a cross linked, modified hyaluronic acid, and provides a suitable environment to facilitate cell migration, thereby enhancing wound healing and leaving less room for scarring. It is effective in enhancing wound healing by providing a matrix for cellular events that is required for normal healing to occur.
equitrX Wound Healing Spray Gel Indications
equitrX wound treatment spray can be used for acute or chronic and post surgical or traumatic wounds to the skin of horses.
EffectivenessThe efficacy of this product is supported by research done at major universities and equine hospitals. This patented technology enhances wound healing of a variety of skin wounds.
Ingredients: Water, Hyasent-S, sodium chloride, disodium phosphate, potassium chloride, potassium phosphate.
Warning: For animal use only, not for use in horses intended for human consumption.
Adverse ReactionsFor medical emergencies or to report adverse reactions call 1-800-422-9874
1. Use gloves to assure sterility and cleanliness.
2. Properly clean (e.g., Betadyne) the injured site where the equitrX will be placed.
3. Spray product to completely cover wound site.
4. After spray material is in place, the wound may be wrapped and/or bandaged, or not, as per normal treatment of wounds.
5. In young, healthy horses with a fresh, uncomplicated wound, a single daily application at the time of bandage change will be sufficient to enhance wound closure. For older animals or ones that are in poor health, or for wounds that have been chronically unresponsive to various therapies, multiple applications for weeks or months may be necessary.
6. When re-applying wound treatment DO NOT debride the wound site.
7. To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of container to any surface.
8. Replace cap after using.
StorageDO NOT FREEZE. Product should be stored at room temperature, away from a heat source, or may be stored in a refrigerator. If stored in a refrigerator, product should be allowed to warm to room temperature prior to use.
How SuppliedPackage (1) 30 mL spray bottle. This product produces about 250 individual spray deliveries.
For customer service or to obtain product information call 1-800-633-3796.
Manufactured for: Bayer HealthCare LLC, Animal Health Division, Shawnee Mission, Kansas 66201 U.S.A.
Bayer and the Bayer Cross are registered trademarks of Bayer.
equitrX is a registered trademark of SentrX Animal Care.
Regulations for product use are established by country. Information contained on this site pertains only to the United States of America, and is not intended to provide adequate information for product use. Before using or dispensing any product, read and carefully observe the label directions.
Animal Health Division
P.O. BOX 390, SHAWNEE MISSION, KS, 66201-0390
|Customer Service Tel.:||800-633-3796|
|Customer Service Fax:||800-344-4219|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the equitrX Wound Healing Spray Gel information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-05-31