Enhance I.A. (Canada)This page contains information on Enhance I.A. for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Enhance I.A. Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Enhance I.A.
- Direction and dosage information for Enhance I.A.
Enhance I.A.This treatment applies to the following species:
HYALURONIC ACID SODIUM SALT INJECTION
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY
For Intra-articular injection.
ENHANCE I.A. is a sterile, pyrogen-free, highly viscous, aqueous solution of a defined molecular fraction of purified hyaluronic acid. The active ingredient is extracted and purified by fermentation of a non-pathogenic, haemolysin negative Streptococcus spp. strain. Each ENHANCE I.A. preloaded syringe or vial contains:
Hyaluronic acid sodium salt
PROPERTIES: Hyaluronic acid is the prototype of a wide range of saccharide biopolymers (glycosaminoglycans or mucopolysaccharides), important components of all extracellular tissue structures, including cartilage and synovial fluid. The active substance of ENHANCE I.A. is a specific hyaluronic acid fraction of defined molecular chain length with a high degree of purity, which possesses particular biochemical, chemico-physical and pharmacological properties. The intra-articular injection of this biological substance into the diseased horse joint results in improved joint function due to the normalization of the viscoelastic properties of synovial fluid and the activation of tissue repair processes in articular cartilage.
Enhance I.A. Indications
For the treatment of joint disease in the horse due to synovitis and/or osteoarthrosis.
Dosage and AdministrationUsing strict aseptic technique, inject 2 mL (20 mg) intra-articularly into the affected joint. More than one joint may be treated at the same time. If necessary, the injection may be repeated after one or two weeks. In the event that a large dose is required, dosages of 100 mg have been injected at regular intervals in safety studies conducted by Bioniche Animal Health with no adverse effects. Wherever possible, a quantity of synovial fluid equivalent to the ENHANCE I.A. dosage should be removed from the synovial space prior to injection of the joint. Discard any unused portion of syringes or vials.
1) Radiographic evaluation should be carried out in cases of acute lameness to ensure that the joints are free from serious fractures.
2) Intra-articular injections should not be made through skin that has been recently fired or blistered, or that has excessive scurf and counterirritants on it.
3) As with all hyaluronic preparations, transient swelling and heat may occur within 24 to 48 hours following intra-articular ENHANCE I.A. injection. This usually resolves spontaneously without treatment within 96 hours. Swellings, when they occur, do not negate the therapeutic effects of ENHANCE I.A. and do not prolong the time for remission of clinical signs.
WARNING: Keep out of reach of children. This drug is not to be administered to horses that are to be slaughtered for use in food.
StorageStore at or below 25°C.
PACKAGING: Preloaded 2 mL syringe and 12 x 2 mL vials.
BIONICHE ANIMAL HEALTH CANADA INC., P.O. Box 1570, Belleville, ON K8N 5J2
NAC No.: 12150712
Distributed by VETOQUINOL N.-A. INC.
2000, CHEMIN GEORGES, LAVALTRIE, QC, J5T 3S5
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Enhance I.A. information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-05-30