EFFIPRO Topical Solution for CatsThis page contains information on EFFIPRO Topical Solution for Cats for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- EFFIPRO Topical Solution for Cats Indications
- Warnings and cautions for EFFIPRO Topical Solution for Cats
- Direction and dosage information for EFFIPRO Topical Solution for Cats
EFFIPRO Topical Solution for CatsThis treatment applies to the following species:
FOR USE ONLY ON CATS AND KITTENS 8 WEEKS OLD OR OLDER
For convenient, quick-acting, long-lasting, effective control of fleas, ticks and chewing lice.
● Easy and convenient application.
● Waterproof (remains effective after bathing and swimming).
● Kills newly emerged adult fleas prior to egg-laying.
● Kills fleas that may transmit bartonellosis.
● Kills fleas that may cause Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) or flea-bite anemia.
● Kills all stages of Brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, Lone Star ticks, and Deer ticks (that may transmit Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, anaplasmosis and cytauxzoonosis).
● Chewing lice infestations are rapidly eliminated.
● Can be used on breeding, pregnant and lactating queens.
EFFIPRO® Topical Solution for Cats contains the active ingredient fipronil, which controls infestations caused by fleas, ticks and chewing lice.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
EFFIPRO Topical Solution for Cats Caution
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
HAZARDS TO HUMANS
Harmful if swallowed. Causes eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS
For external use only. Do not use on kittens under 8 weeks of age. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product. Possible temporary irritation may occur at the site where EFFIPRO® Topical Solution for Cats was applied. Contact a veterinarian immediately if signs become persistent or become more severe during the first few days following application. If an unusual reaction is observed following initial application, a veterinarian should be consulted before repeating application. Certain medications can interact with pesticides. Consult a veterinarian before using on medicated, debilitated or aged cats.
● Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
IF IN EYES:
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
● Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING:
● Take off contaminated clothing.
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
Have product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment.
You may also contact the Hotline number 1-800-338-3659 for human and veterinary health concerns, emergency medical treatment information or pesticide incidents.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in any manner inconsistent with its labeling. Do not allow children to apply product. TO PREVENT HARM TO YOU AND YOUR CAT, READ ENTIRE LABEL AND DIRECTIONS BEFORE EACH USE. FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS AND PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS CAREFULLY. USE ON CATS ONLY. DO NOT USE ON RABBITS. DO NOT USE ON OTHER ANIMALS.
For killing fleas, all stages of Brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, Lone Star ticks, and Deer ticks (that may transmit Lyme disease) and chewing lice; apply to CATS or KITTENS (8 weeks old or older) as follows.
1. Remove one applicator from packaging. Hold applicator upright and remove cap.
2. Invert cap and place other end back onto applicator tip. Push cap down to break seal. Remove cap prior to treatment application.
3. Part cat’s hair between shoulder blades until skin is visible. Place applicator tip directly against exposed skin. Deposit entire contents by squeezing the applicator at a single site on cat’s skin. Ensure that EFFIPRO® Topical Solution for Cats is not applied superficially on cat’s hair.
EFFIPRO® Topical Solution for Cats is also approved for control of flea, tick and chewing lice infestations in breeding, pregnant and lactating queens.
FREQUENCY OF APPLICATION
EFFIPRO® Topical Solution for Cats will kill fleas, ticks and chewing lice completely when applied monthly.
Fleas: EFFIPRO® Topical Solution for Cats can control fleas for up to six weeks. Apply monthly if your cat has fleas that may cause Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD), or if reinfestation is likely.
Ticks: EFFIPRO® Topical Solution for Cats can kill ticks for a month or longer. Apply monthly where tick control is consistently needed.
Notes: Wait at least 30 days before re-application of EFFIPRO® Topical Solution for Cats. Avoid contact with treated area until dry.
EFFIPRO® Topical Solution for Cats is effective after bathing, shampooing, water immersion, or sunlight exposure.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage and disposal.
StorageStore unused product in original container only, out of reach of children and animals.
PESTICIDE/CONTAINER DISPOSAL: If empty: Nonrefillable. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling, if available. If partially filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
LIMITED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER
To the extent consistent with applicable law, buyer assumes all risks of use, storage, or handling of this product not in accordance with directions. Buyer and user assume all risks of use and handling of this material when such use and handling are contrary to label instructions. To the extent consistent with applicable law, any damage arising from a breach of this warranty shall be limited to direct damages and shall not include consequential commercial damages such as loss of profit or values.
Net Contents: 3 single-dose applicator(s) per package.
Each applicator contains 0.017 fl oz (0.5 mL) of solution.
EPA Reg. No. 2382-186
EPA Est. No. 2382-FRA-1
VIRBAC AH, INC., PO BOX 162059, FORT WORTH, TX 76161
Made in France
EFFIPRO® is a registered trademark of Virbac S.A.
3 applicators 0.017 fl oz (0.5 mL)
10 x 3 applicators 0.017 fl oz (0.5 mL)
P.O. BOX 162059, FORT WORTH, TX, 76161
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the EFFIPRO Topical Solution for Cats information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-10-31