EctoShield Topical Solution Medium and Large Cat (Canada)This page contains information on EctoShield Topical Solution Medium and Large Cat for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- EctoShield Topical Solution Medium and Large Cat Indications
- Warnings and cautions for EctoShield Topical Solution Medium and Large Cat
- Direction and dosage information for EctoShield Topical Solution Medium and Large Cat
EctoShield Topical Solution Medium and Large CatThis treatment applies to the following species:
Flea and Lice Adulticide
For cats 8 weeks and older weighing over 4 kg
Once-A-Month Topical Flea and Lice Treatment
READ THE LABEL AND INSERT BEFORE USING
FOR USE ONLY ON CATS. Do not use on other animals
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
WARNING POISON AND EYE IRRITANT
Reg. NO. 32573 P.C.P. ACT
EctoShield™ Topical Solution Medium and Large Cat will control fleas on cats within 1 day of treatment and will continue to protect the cat from further flea infestation for up to 4 weeks. Reinfestation from the emergence of new fleas in the environment may continue to occur for 6 weeks or longer after treatment is initiated. Reapply every 4 weeks for continual pest control in situations where there is an ongoing risk of pest infestation. Treatment must only be repeated if pest problem reoccurs. If re-treatment becomes necessary earlier than 4 weeks, do not re-treat more than once weekly. Shampooing of the cat may shorten the duration of flea protection, therefore, re-application following shampooing is recommended. For effective flea control, treatment of the pet should be combined with the sanitation of any area used by the pet. Vacuum floors, carpets and furniture (discard vacuum bag after use) and wash the pet’s bedding, living quarters and surrounding areas. If pest problems persist, an insecticidal premise treatment may be required. For use on pregnant/lactating animals consult your veterinarian. The successive feeding activity of fleas on pets may elicit a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Treatment of pets with EctoShield™ Topical Solution Medium and Large Cat rapidly kills fleas and may reduce the incidence of this condition. EctoShield™ Topical Solution Medium and Large Cat is safe to use concurrently with commonly used veterinary products. Consult your veterinarian before using on animals receiving drug treatment.
● HUMANS: KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. Harmful if swallowed, or absorbed through the skin. Causes eye irritation. DO NOT get in eyes. Avoid contact with skin and clothing. Wear rubber gloves when applying product. After handling or applying, wash hands (or any other skin that came into contact with the product) with soap and water. Avoid contact with pets until dry. Do not contaminate water, feed or food by storage or disposal.
● PETS: Do not use on animals under 8 weeks of age. Care should be taken to prevent exposure of other pets that may be in close physical contact with the treated animal. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. Smaller animals are more likely to experience an adverse reaction. Observe carefully. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. Call 1-800-338-3659 for assistance regarding EctoShield™ Topical Solution Medium and Large Cat use.
● IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● IF SWALLOWED: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
● IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe the pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Take container, label or product name and Pest Control Product Registration Number with you when seeking medical or veterinary attention.
TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION: Treat the patient symptomatically.
StorageStore container at room temperature.
DisposalDo not reuse empty container. Wrap empty tube and cap in newspaper and dispose in household garbage.
Directions For Use
● Do NOT administer by mouth. Do NOT use on other animals. Consult a veterinarian before using on sick, aged, pregnant or nursing animals or animals receiving drug or other pesticide treatment. A veterinarian should be consulted when pest infestation continues to be a problem on the pet.
● Treatment must only be repeated if the pest problem reoccurs.
● Do not use on cats under 8 weeks of age.
● Use only on cats weighing over 4 kg.
● This product is packaged in single dosage tubes. This package contains 3 monthly 0.8 mL dosages. Treat your cat monthly in the manner described below. Do not apply a dosage higher than one 0.8 mL tube at a time.
● Remove one applicator from the package.
● Hold applicator tube in upright position. Pull cap off tube.
● Turn cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
● Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
● Part the hair on the neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to completely empty the contents directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your pet’s eyes or mouth. The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occur for a short time if the cat licks the product immediately after treatment. Treatment at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick the product. Until EctoShield™ Topical Solution Medium and Large Cat dries, keep pet off furniture and away from hardwood floors.
● Discard the empty tube as described in “DISPOSAL”.
RETAIN PACKAGING INFORMATION FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
© 2017 Virbac Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
EctoShield is a trademark of Virbac Corporation.
Virbac Canada Inc. 1400-340 Albert Street, Ottawa, ON, K1R 0A5
209-231 SHEARSON CRESCENT, CAMBRIDGE, ON, N1T 1J5
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the EctoShield Topical Solution Medium and Large Cat information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-09-29