EctoShield Topical Solution Large Dog (Canada)This page contains information on EctoShield Topical Solution Large Dog for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- EctoShield Topical Solution Large Dog Indications
- Warnings and cautions for EctoShield Topical Solution Large Dog
- Direction and dosage information for EctoShield Topical Solution Large Dog
EctoShield Topical Solution Large DogThis treatment applies to the following species:
Flea and Lice Adulticide
For dogs 8 weeks and older weighing between 11 and 25 kg
Once-A-Month Topical Flea and Lice Treatment
READ THE LABEL AND INSERT BEFORE USING
FOR USE ONLY ON DOGS. Do not use on other animals
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
WARNING POISON AND EYE IRRITANT
Reg. NO. 32590 P.C.P. ACT
EctoShield™ Topical Solution Large Dog provides dual protection against fleas and lice. EctoShield™ Topical Solution Large Dog will control fleas and lice on dogs within 1 day of treatment and will continue to protect the dog from further flea and lice infestations for at least 4 weeks. Reinfestation from the emergence of new fleas and lice in the environment may continue to occur for 6 weeks or longer after treatment is initiated. Reapply every 4 weeks for continual pest control in situations where there is an ongoing risk of pest infestation. Treatment must only be repeated if pest problem reoccurs. If re-treatment becomes necessary earlier than 4 weeks, do not re-treat more than once weekly. Shampooing of the dog may shorten the duration of flea and lice protection, therefore, re-application following shampooing may be necessary. For effective flea and lice control, treatment of the pet should be combined with the sanitation of any area used by the pet. Vacuum floors, carpets and furniture (discard vacuum bag after use) and wash the pet’s bedding, living quarters and surrounding areas. If pest problems persist, an insecticidal premise treatment may be required. The successive feeding activity of fleas on pets may elicit a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Treatment of pets with EctoShield™ Topical Solution Large Dog rapidly kills fleas and may reduce the incidence of this condition. EctoShield™ Topical Solution Large Dog is safe to use concurrently with commonly used veterinary products. Consult your veterinarian before using on animals receiving drug treatment. For use on pregnant/lactating animals consult your veterinarian.
● HUMANS: KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. Harmful if swallowed, or absorbed through the skin. Causes eye irritation. DO NOT get in eyes. Avoid contact with skin and clothing. Wear rubber gloves when applying product. After handling or applying, wash hands (or any other skin that came into contact with the product) with soap and water. Avoid contact with pets until dry. Do not contaminate water, feed or food by storage or disposal.
● PETS: Do not use on animals under 8 weeks of age. Care should be taken to prevent exposure of other pets who may be in close physical contact with the treated animal. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. Smaller animals are more likely to experience an adverse reaction. Observe carefully. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. Call 1-800-338-3659 for assistance regarding EctoShield™ Topical Solution Large Dog use.
● IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● IF SWALLOWED: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
● IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe the pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Take container, label or product name and Pest Control Product Registration Number with you when seeking medical or veterinary attention.
TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION: Treat the patient symptomatically.
StorageStore container at room temperature.
DisposalDo not reuse empty container. Wrap empty tube and cap in newspaper and dispose in household garbage.
Directions For Use
● Do NOT administer by mouth. Do NOT use on other animals.
● Consult a veterinarian before using on sick, aged, pregnant or nursing animals or animals receiving drug or other pesticide treatment.
● A veterinarian should be consulted when pest infestation continues to be a problem on the pet.
● Treatment must only be repeated if pest problem reoccurs.
● Do not use on puppies under 8 weeks of age.
● Use only on dogs weighing between 11 and 25 kg.
● This product is packaged in single dosage tubes. This package contains 3 monthly 2.5 mL dosages. Treat your dog monthly in the manner described below. Do not apply a dosage higher than one 2.5 mL tube at a time.
● Remove 1 applicator from the package.
● Hold applicator tube in upright position. Pull cap off tube.
● Turn cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
● Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
● The dog should be standing for easy application. The entire contents of the EctoShield™ Topical Solution Large Dog tube should be applied evenly to 4 or 5 spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze the tube to dispense a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog.
● Do not get this product in your pet’s eyes or mouth.
● Until EctoShield™ Topical Solution Large Dog dries, keep pet off furniture and away from hardwood floors.
● Discard the empty tube as described in “DISPOSAL”.
RETAIN PACKAGING INFORMATION FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
© 2017 Virbac Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
EctoShield is a trademark of Virbac Corporation.
Virbac Canada Inc. 1400-340 Albert Street, Ottawa, ON, K1R 0A5
209-231 SHEARSON CRESCENT, CAMBRIDGE, ON, N1T 1J5
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the EctoShield Topical Solution Large Dog information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2021 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-12-31