Eclipse 4 + FeLVThis page contains information on Eclipse 4 + FeLV for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Eclipse 4 + FeLV Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Eclipse 4 + FeLV
- Direction and dosage information for Eclipse 4 + FeLV
Eclipse 4 + FelvThis treatment applies to the following species:
Feline Leukemia-rhinotracheitis-calici-panleukopenia-chlamydia Psittaci vaccine
Modified Live Virus And chlamydia And Killed Virus
For veterinary use in cats only
In The Absence Of A Veterinarian-client-patient Relationship, U.s. Federal Regulations Prohibit The Relabeling, Repackaging, Resale Or Redistribution Of The Individual Contents Of This Package.
Nobivac® Feline 1-HCPCh + FeLV vaccine is a combination vaccine that unites the benefits of Nobivac® Feline 1-HCPCh and Nobivac® FeLV in one vaccination.
Nobivac® Feline 1-HCPCh vaccine is a modified live virus and chlamydia vaccine for the vaccination of healthy cats as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by feline rhinotracheitis, calici, and panleukopenia viruses and Chlamydia psittaci.
Nobivac® FeLV vaccine is recommended for the vaccination of healthy cats as an aid in the prevention of lymphoid tumors caused by, and diseases associated with, feline leukemia virus (FeLV) infection. Vaccination with this product prevents persistent viremia in cats exposed to virulent feline leukemia virus.
The feline leukemia virus, subgroups A and B, are cultured in tissue culture cells. The virus has been chemically inactivated and combined with a proprietary adjuvant designed to enhance the immune response.
Eclipse 4 + FeLV Dosage And Administration
Prior To Use, Warm The Nobivac® Felv To Room Temperature And Shake Well.
Transfer contents of the Nobivac® FeLV vial to the Nobivac® Feline 1-HCPCh vial aseptically. Mix gently until dissolved. Use entire contents immediately after rehydration.
Two doses are required for primary immunization.
Initial vaccination: Inject 1 dose (1 mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly at 9 weeks of age or older.
Second vaccination: Inject 1 dose (1 mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly 3 to 4 weeks following the initial vaccination.
Revaccinate every two years with a single dose of Nobivac® Feline 1-HCPCh+FeLV. Revaccination in the intervening years with Nobivac® Feline 1-HCPCh is recommended. Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships.
- Store at 2° - 7°C.
- Do not freeze.
- Do not mix with other vaccines.
- Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
- Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
- Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
- Some reports suggest that in cats, the administration of certain veterinary biologicals may induce the development of injection-site fibrosarcomas.
- Do not vaccinate pregnant cats.
- The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions.
AntidoteEpinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
- It is important to realize that certain conditions and events may cause some cats to be unable to develop or maintain an adequate immune response following FeLV vaccination. Prior exposure to the disease, or disease latency, are conditions in which vaccination may not alter the course of the disease. Therefore, diagnostic testing of all cats for FeLV antigen prior to vaccination is recommended. Also, vaccination with this product will not offer cross-protection against feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV), another feline retrovirus. It is important to advise the cat owner of these situations prior to vaccination.
Intervet Inc., Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 888 306-0069 (Canada)
© 1999, 2009 Intervet Inc.
All rights reserved.
556 MORRIS AVE., SUMMIT, NJ, 07901
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Eclipse 4 + FeLV information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-05-31