The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Ear MiticideThis page contains information on Ear Miticide for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Ear Miticide Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Ear Miticide
- Direction and dosage information for Ear Miticide
Ear MiticideThis treatment applies to the following species:
Kills Ear Mites
Other Associated Resins
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Hazardous To Humans And Domestic Animals
WarningCauses substantial but temporary eye injury. Wear safety glasses. May be harmful if swallowed, absorbed through the skin, or inhaled. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing. Avoid inhalation of spray. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash thoroughly before reuse.
See Below for additional Precautionary Statements and Directions for Use.
Have label with you when obtaining treatment advice.
Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.
If On Skin Or Clothing
Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth, if possible. Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
If In Eyes
Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
This product is extremely toxic to fish. Do not contaminate water when disposing of product.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Read Entire Label Before Each Use. Use Only On Dogs, Cats Or Rabbits To Kill Ear MitesDo not use on animals under 12 weeks.
Not For Use On Animals Intended For Food.
Consult a veterinarian or call local Animal Poison Control before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant, nursing, or medicated animals.
Adverse Reaction Information
Sensitivities may occur after using any pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, consult a veterinarian immediately or call local Animal Poison Control.
Diagnosis For Ear MitesEar mites usually induce the formation of a dry, dark brown, waxy exudate with crusts in the ears of dogs, cats and rabbits. Ear mites may be detected by placing some of the ear exudate on a dark surface and carefully watching for the movement of tiny white specks away from the exudate. Inflamed, watery, or blocked ear canals indicate a more serious condition which requires the services of a veterinarian.
Application DirectionsWhile holding pet firmly, fill each ear canal half full of EAR MITICIDE and massage base of ear to insure that insecticidal action penetrates ear wax.
Re-application DirectionsDo not reapply product for 1 day. Improvement is usually noted after two applications.
Storage And Disposal
StorageStore only in original container, in a dry place inaccessible to children and pets.
DisposalDo not reuse empty container. Rinse thoroughly. Securely wrap in newspaper and discard in trash.
EPA REG. NO. 28293-42-58383
EPA EST. NO. 62478-FL-1A, 44616-MO-1B
Manufactured For: PHOENIX PHARMACEUTICAL, INC., St. Joseph, MO 64503
2 FLUID OUNCES
1302 SOUTH 59 STREET, ST. JOSEPH, MO, 64507
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Ear Miticide information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Ear Miticide product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-02-26