Collasate Silver Topical DressingThis page contains information on Collasate Silver Topical Dressing for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Collasate Silver Topical Dressing Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Collasate Silver Topical Dressing
- Direction and dosage information for Collasate Silver Topical Dressing
Collasate Silver Topical DressingThis treatment applies to the following species:
Medical Hydrolysate of Type I Collagen with 1% Silver Oxide
Collasate® Silver is an all-natural product that interacts with the wound site to provide a moist healing environment.
Collasate Silver Topical Dressing Indications
Collasate Silver has been demonstrated to produce a reduction of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus after 24 hours. Collasate Silver provides a physiologically favorable environment that encourages wound healing.
For topical use in the management of surgical sites, chronic and acute wounds and all partial and full-thickness wounds, including: pressure ulcers (Stages I-IV), venous stasis ulcers, ulcers resulting from arterial insufficiency, traumatic and superficial wounds, first & second degree burns, spays, neutering, de-clawing, foot pad injuries, hot spots, diabetic ulcers, lick granulomas, grafted wounds and donor sites.
Precautions and Contraindications: Collasate Silver can be used on many types of animals, including mammals, birds and reptiles. Collasate Silver is contraindicated for animals with a known sensitivity to silver.
Collasate Silver Characteristics:
- controls microbial growth within the gel, soothes and deodorizes
- protects the site and newly formed granulation tissue forming a film over the wound
- reduces pain
- promotes natural tissue breakdown and encourages debridement
- provides physiologically favorable environment that encourages healing
Store at room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F). Keep from freezing.
PRECAUTIONS: Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY: This product is not intended for use as a long term or permanent dressing.
Directions For Use
1. Cleanse the wound with sterile water; leave the wound bed moist. Pat dry the peri-wound area.
2. Apply gel directly to the wound site (approximately 1/4” thickness).
3. Cover the wound with a non-adherent dressing such as a polyurethane film, hydropolymer foam or gauze.
4. Reapply and redress as needed.
5. Dressing may be moistened with sterile water to ease removal.
If condition worsens or does not improve within 10-14 days, contact your veterinarian.
Manufactured For PRN PHARMACAL, Employee-Owned, Pensacola, FL 32514
(In Florida: 1-850-476-9462)
U.S. Patent No. 6,136,341
6 X 7.0 GRAM TUBES
NAC No.: 1090047.0
8809 ELY ROAD, PENSACOLA, FL, 32514
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Collasate Silver Topical Dressing information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-01-04