Cevac MD HVT & SB-1 & RispensThis page contains information on Cevac MD HVT & SB-1 & Rispens for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Cevac MD HVT & SB-1 & Rispens Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Cevac MD HVT & SB-1 & Rispens
- Direction and dosage information for Cevac MD HVT & SB-1 & Rispens
Cevac MD HVT & SB-1 & RispensThis treatment applies to the following species:
MAREK’S DISEASE VACCINE
Serotypes 1 & 2 & 3, Live Virus
Directions For Use
CEVAC™ MD HVT & SB-1 & RISPENS trivalent Marek’s disease vaccine contains serotype 1 (Rispens), serotype 2 (SB-1) and serotype 3 (turkey herpesvirus or HVT) Marek’s disease viruses. This combination vaccine is recommended for use in chickens as an aid in the prevention of very virulent Marek’s disease. This trivalent Marek’s disease vaccine containing serotypes 1, 2 & 3 is presented in a frozen cell associated form. The cells and virus particles are very fragile and require careful handling to prevent damage or loss of titer in order to achieve optimum efficacy. The vaccine is stored and shipped in frozen form in liquid nitrogen.
- Vaccine ampules: Store in liquid nitrogen
- Diluent: Store at room temperature between 68-77°F (20-25°C) or 2-7°C
Cevac MD HVT & SB-1 & Rispens Indications
The vaccine is recommended for use in healthy one-day-old chicks as an aid in the prevention of very virulent Marek’s disease. Good management practices are recommended to reduce exposure to field isolates of Marek’s disease virus for at least two weeks following vaccination.
Preparation And Administration Of Vaccine
Carefully read the directions before use. The instructions must be completely followed.
Match the vaccine dose size to the proper diluent size and route of administration as follows:
For subcutaneous injection of day-old chicks
Mix 200 ml of diluent for each 1000 doses of vaccine
1. Be familiar with all safety and precautionary measures for handling liquid nitrogen to prevent personal injury.
2. Wear gloves, a plastic face shield and protective goggles before removing vaccine ampules from the liquid nitrogen.
3. Check the container to confirm a sufficient amount of liquid nitrogen is present to keep the vaccine frozen. If thawed, do not use the vaccine. The containers (Dewars) must be checked regularly for liquid nitrogen level and must be refilled as needed.
4. After matching the dose size of the vaccine with the diluent size, quickly remove the exact number of ampules needed.
5. A maximum of 4 ampules should be thawed at one time. After inspecting the diluent and completing all preparations, the vaccine should be quickly removed from the Dewar and placed into a clean 80°F (26.5°C) thaw bath. This step can be repeated until the appropriate dosage has been reached. Gentle agitation during the thawing process promotes rapid, uniform thawing and evenly distributes the vaccine in the ampule.
6. Immediately after thawing, mix the vaccine with the diluent at room temperature (68-77°F or 20-25°C). Gently draw the vaccine from the ampule with an 18-gauge, 1.5 inch needle and slowly mix with the diluent. Rinse the ampule one time with the diluted vaccine.
7. Immediately use the vaccine and mix occasionally to ensure uniform suspension of cells.
1. For subcutaneous injection, sterilize the automatic syringe, needles and other accessory equipment by autoclaving or boiling prior to vaccination.
2. Use a short (3/8 inch or 1/2 inch) 20-gauge needle for vaccination. Subcutaneously inject 0.2 ml into the back of the neck of each chick.
This vaccine has been thoroughly tested for safety, purity and potency and is in compliance with all applicable USDA and Biomune Co. standards.
Cevac MD HVT & SB-1 & Rispens Caution
1. Read the above directions carefully.
2. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
3. The vaccine contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
4. Burn containers and all unused contents.
5. Do not remove vaccine from liquid nitrogen until ready for use.
6. Do not refreeze the vaccine.
7. Do not use vaccine that has thawed in the liquid nitrogen container.
8. Do not overdose or over dilute the vaccine.
9. The effect of combining this vaccine with other products is not known and could impact vaccine efficacy.
Biomune Co., Lenexa, Kansas 66215, U.S.A.
Phone: (913) 894-0230
U.S. Vet Lic. No. 368
Presentation: 1,000 doses, 2,000 doses, and 4,000 doses.
8906 ROSEHILL ROAD, LENEXA, KS, 66215
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Cevac MD HVT & SB-1 & Rispens information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2022 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2021-11-29