Cevac Bron ArkThis page contains information on Cevac Bron Ark for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Cevac Bron Ark Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Cevac Bron Ark
- Direction and dosage information for Cevac Bron Ark
Cevac Bron ArkThis treatment applies to the following species:
Ark Type, Live Virus
Directions For Use
CEVAC® BRON ARK Bronchitis vaccine contains Arkansas (Ark) serotype of Infectious Bronchitis Virus (IBV). This vaccine is recommended for use in chickens to aid in the prevention of respiratory disease caused by IBV Ark type. This Bronchitis vaccine is presented in a frozen form. The IB virus particles are very fragile and require careful handling to prevent damage or loss of titer in order to achieve optimum efficacy. The vaccine is stored and shipped in frozen form in liquid nitrogen.
• Vaccine ampules: Store in liquid nitrogen
Cevac Bron Ark Indications
This vaccine is recommended for use in healthy chickens at one day of age or older to aid in the prevention of respiratory disease caused by IBV Ark type. Good management practices are recommended to reduce exposure to Infectious Bronchitis virus for at least two weeks following vaccination.
Preparation And Administration Of Vaccine
Carefully read the directions before use. The instructions must be completely followed.
Match the vaccine dose size to the proper non-chlorinated water dilution for coarse-spray administration:
1. Store in LIQUID NITROGEN. Storage or transportation of vaccine in a mechanical freezer (0°C or below) or dry-ice containers (-40°C) should not exceed 24 hours to prevent reduction on efficacy.
2. Be familiar with all safety and precautionary measures for handling liquid nitrogen to prevent personal injury.
3. Wear gloves, a plastic face shield and protective goggles before removing vaccine ampules from the liquid nitrogen.
4. Check the container to confirm a sufficient amount of liquid nitrogen is present to keep the vaccine frozen. If the vaccine has been thawed, do not use the vaccine. The containers (Dewars) must be checked regularly for liquid nitrogen level and must be refilled as needed.
5. A maximum of 4 ampules should be thawed at one time, immediately prior to use. After inspecting the diluent and completing all preparations, the vaccine should be quickly removed from the Dewar and placed into a clean 76°F-80°F (24.5°C -26.5°C) thaw bath.
6. Gentle agitation during the thawing process promotes rapid, uniform thawing and evenly distributes the vaccine in the ampule.
7. Be sure vaccination equipment is clean and ready for vaccination. Avoid chemical disinfectants (bleach, quaternary ammonia, etc) to come in contact with vaccinating equipment.
8. Be sure spray cabinet is calibrated to deliver the require volume of vaccine per chicken by spraying into a volumetric cylinder.
9. Immediately after thawing, mix the vaccine with the diluent at room temperature (68-77°F or 20-25°C). Gently draw the vaccine from the ampule with an 18-gauge, 1.5 inch needle and slowly mix with the diluent. Rinse the ampule one time with the diluted vaccine.
10. Transfer vaccine contents from ampule to machine with a sterile syringe. Use vaccine as indicated for your specific coarse spray vaccination machine. Example: a machine which dispenses 7 ml to a box of 100 chickens would require a volume of 70 ml of non-chlorinated water for 1,000 doses.
11. Attach spray head to vaccine container and set nozzle at a coarse spray setting.
12. Administer vaccine to each tray of 100 chicks. Spray 18-24 inches from the spraying heads.
13. Whatever volume of vaccine is used in the spray cabinet, be sure to administer 1000 doses to 1000 birds.
14. CAUTION: always wear personal protective equipment (goggles, air mask) while spraying a live virus vaccine.
This vaccine has been thoroughly tested for safety, purity and potency and is in compliance with all applicable USDA and Ceva Biomune standards.
Cevac Bron Ark Caution
1. Read the above directions carefully.
2. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
3. The vaccine contains gentamicin as a preservative.
4. Burn containers and all unused contents.
5. Do not remove vaccine from liquid nitrogen until ready for use.
6. Do not refreeze the vaccine.
7. Do not use vaccine that has thawed in the liquid nitrogen container.
8. Do not overdose or over dilute the vaccine.
9. The effect of combining this vaccine with other products is not known and could impact vaccine efficacy.
BIOMUNE CO., Lenexa, KS 66215, U.S.A.
Phone: (913) 894-0230
U.S. Vet Lic. No. 368
Presentation: 5,000 doses, 10,000 doses, and 15,000 doses.
NAC No.: 1129077.0
8906 ROSEHILL ROAD, LENEXA, KS, 66215
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Cevac Bron Ark information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-09-30