BursimuneThis page contains information on Bursimune for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bursimune Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bursimune
- Direction and dosage information for Bursimune
BursimuneThis treatment applies to the following species:
Bursal Disease Vaccine, Live Virus
U.S. Vet. Lic. No.: 368
Contents: This vaccine contains a live strain of bursal disease virus.
Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
This vaccine is thoroughly tested before sale and meets the requirements of U.S. Department of Agriculture.
This vaccine is recommended for the vaccination of healthy chickens at two-weeks of age. Careful consideration and determination of the immune status of the flock to be vaccinated is recommended. Vaccinate when passive resistance (parental antibody) to infectious bursal disease subsides.
Directions For Use
Read before rehydrating the vaccine. For drinking water use.
1. Discontinue water medication 48 hours before vaccination. Do not resume any medication in the water for 24 hours after all vaccine water has been consumed. The waterers should be thoroughly cleaned before use. Do not use disinfecting solutions during cleaning as the disinfectant residue may destroy the virus. Drinking containers must be free of all disinfecting solutions and medicants for 48 hours prior to vaccination and for 24 hours after vaccination.
2. Deprive the birds of water two hours prior to vaccination.
3. Tear off the aluminum seal from the vial containing the dried vaccine and remove the stopper.
4. Use clean, cold, nonchlorinated water for rehydration of the dried vaccine. Mix a 1,000 dose vial with 2 gallons (7.6 L), a 2,000 dose vial with 4 gallons (15.2 L) of water, a 5,000 dose vial with 10 gallons (38 L), a 10,000 dose vial with 20 gallons (76 L) of water, or a 25,000 dose vial of vaccine with 50 gallons (190 L) of water.
5. A dried milk powder may be beneficial as a stabilizer. It is used in the water at the rate of 7.5 grams per gallon (3.8 L) as follows: 15 grams per 2 gallons (7.6 L), 30 grams per 4 gallons (15.2 L), 75 grams per 10 gallons (38 L), 150 grams per 20 gallons (76 L), or 375 grams per 50 gallons (190 L). Add the milk powder before the vaccine is added.
6. Provide enough waterers so that all birds may have an opportunity to drink the vaccine-treated water.
7. Avoid exposure of the waterers to direct sunlight.
8. Do not resume watering until water containing vaccine has been consumed. Then continue watering with untreated water for 24 hours before resuming the normal watering practice.
9. Vaccinating with less than one dose per bird may fail to protect satisfactorily.
Precaution(s): Store the vaccine at 35°-45°F (2°-7°C).
Use entire contents of vial immediately after mixing.
Do not dilute or otherwise extend the dosage.
Do not spill or splatter the vaccine. Burn empty bottles and unused vaccine.
Caution(s): Distribution in each State shall be limited to authorized recipients designated by proper State officials and under such additional conditions as these authorities may require.
Recommended use shall be restricted to premises having a history of the disease.
This vaccine is not returnable to the manufacturer.
Warning(s): Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter.
Presentation: 10 x 1,000 doses/box, 10 x 2,000 doses/box, 10 x 2,500 doses/box, 10 x 5,000 doses/box, 10 x 10,000 doses/box, 1 x 25,000 doses/box, and 10 x 25,000 /box.
NAC No.: 11290014
8906 ROSEHILL ROAD, LENEXA, KS, 66215
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Bursimune information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2018-09-28