Bursimune (Canada)This page contains information on Bursimune for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bursimune Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bursimune
- Direction and dosage information for Bursimune
BursimuneThis treatment applies to the following species:
BURSAL DISEASE VACCINE
For Drinking Water Use
Note: Read the circular before rehydrating the vaccine.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
This vaccine contains a live strain of bursal disease virus. The application of this vaccine to two-week-old susceptible chickens will provide protection against infectious bursal disease virus. The vials contain either 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, 10,000 or 25,000 doses.
Application of the Vaccine
This vaccine is recommended for the vaccination of healthy chickens at two-weeks of age. Careful consideration and determination of the immune status of the flock to be vaccinated is recommended. Vaccinate when passive resistance (maternal antibody) to infectious bursal disease subsides.
DIRECTION FOR USE
1. Discontinue water medication 48 hours before vaccination. Do not resume any medication in the water for 24 hours after all vaccine water has been consumed. The waterers should be thoroughly cleaned before use. Do not use disinfecting solutions during cleaning as the disinfectant residue may destroy the virus. Drinking containers must be free of all disinfecting solutions and medicants for 48 hours prior to vaccination and for 24 hours after vaccination.
2. Deprive the birds of water two hours prior to vaccination.
3. Tear off the aluminum seal from the vial containing the dried vaccine and remove the stopper.
4. Use clean, cold, nonchlorinated water for rehydration of the dried vaccine. Mix a 1,000 dose vial with 7.6 liters (2 gal.), a 2,000 dose vial with 15.2 liters (4 gal.) of water, a 5,000 dose vial with 38 liters (10 gal.), a 10,000 dose vial with 76 liters (20 gal.) of water, or a 25,000 dose vial of vaccine with 190 liters (50 gal.) of water.
5. A dried milk powder may be beneficial as a stabilizer. It is used in the water at the rate of 7.5 grams per 3.8 liters (1 gal.) as follows: 15 grams per 2 gallons (7.6 L), 30 grams per 4 gallons (15.2 L), 75 grams per 10 gallons (38 L), 7.6 liters (2 gal.), 30 grams per 15.2 liters (4 gal.), 75 grams per 38 liters (10 gal.), 150 grams per 76 liters (20 gal.), or 375 grams per 190 liters (50 gal.). Add the milk powder before the vaccine is added.
6. Provide enough waterers so that all birds may have an opportunity to drink the vaccine-treated water.
7. Avoid exposure of the waterers to direct sunlight.
8. Do not resume watering until water containing vaccine has been consumed. Then continue watering with untreated water for 24 hours before resuming the normal watering practice.
9. Vaccinating with less than one dose per bird may fail to protect satisfactorily.
CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS
1. Use entire contents of vial immediately after mixing.
2. Do not dilute or otherwise extend the dosage.
3. Store the vaccine at 2°-7°C (35°-45°F).
4. Do not spill or splatter the vaccine. Burn empty bottles and unused vaccine.
5. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter.
6. Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
7. Distribution in each State shall be limited to authorized recipients designated by proper State officials and under such additional conditions as these authorities may require.
8. Recommended use shall be restricted to premises having a history of the disease.
9. This vaccine is not returnable to the manufacturer.
This vaccine was thoroughly tested before sale and meets the requirements of U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Manufactured By: Biomune Co., Lenexa, KS 66215, U.S.A.
Phone: (913) 894-0230
U.S. Vet Lic. No. 368
Distributed By: Ceva Animal Health, Guelph, Ontario N1K 1E8
Presentation: The vials contain either 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, 10,000 or 25,000 doses.
6-1040 FOUNTAIN ST. N., CAMBRIDGE, ON, N3E 1A3
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Bursimune information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-10-21