Bursa-Vac (Canada)This page contains information on Bursa-Vac for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bursa-Vac Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bursa-Vac
- Direction and dosage information for Bursa-Vac
Bursa-VacThis treatment applies to the following species:
BURSAL DISEASE VACCINE
Caution: Use only in states or countries where permitted and on premises with a history of bursal disease.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE, READ CAREFULLY
This vaccine contains an attenuated strain of bursal disease (IBD) virus.
Bursa-Vac Indications For Use
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy chickens 7-14 days of age against infectious bursal disease. Duration of immunity has not been established. For more information regarding efficacy and safety data, see productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
Many factors must be considered in determining the proper vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry operation. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered to healthy receptive chickens held in a proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be modified by the age of the chickens and their immune status. Seldom does one vaccination under field conditions produce complete protection for all individuals in a given flock. The amount of protection required will vary with the type of operation and the degree of exposure that a flock is likely to encounter. For these reasons a program of periodic revaccination may be required.
Preparation Of Vaccine
FOR DRINKING WATER USE
DO NOT OPEN AND MIX THE VACCINE UNTIL READY TO BEGIN VACCINATION. USE VACCINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER MIXING.
1. Remove the tear-off seal and stopper from the vial containing the lyophilized vaccine.
2. Carefully pour clean, cool, non-chlorinated water into the vaccine vial until the vial is approximately two-thirds full.
3. Insert the rubber stopper and shake vigorously until all material is dissolved.
4. The vaccine is now ready to be applied as per label in accordance with the directions below. For best results, be sure to follow directions carefully!
Drinking Water Administration
FOR CHICKENS 7-14 DAYS OF AGE
1. Do not use any disinfectants in the drinking water for 48 hours before vaccinating and 24 hours after vaccination.
2. Withhold water from the chickens until they are thirsty.
3. Calculate the water volume needed so the vaccine will be consumed in approximately 2 hours.
4. Optional: as an aid in preserving the virus, add a vaccine stabilizer to the stock solution or to the tank containing clean, cool, non-chlorinated water. Agitate thoroughly. Follow the manufacturer’s rate of administrations and wait time.
5. Add rehydrated vaccine from vial to the water and mix thoroughly.
6. Turn on tank valve or automatic dosing system.
7. Provide as sole source of drinking water until all vaccine-water solution has been consumed.
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS.
2. All chickens should be vaccinated at the same time.
3. Use entire contents when first opened.
4. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
5. Store at 2° to 8°C (35° to 46°F).
6. Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
7. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label.
8. In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
9. Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
10. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Merck Animal Health, U.S. and local requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of individual chickens and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE REPACKAGING OR SALE OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS CARTON IN FRACTIONAL UNITS. DO NOT ACCEPT IF SEAL IS BROKEN.
Intervet Inc. d/b/a Merck Animal Health, Omaha, NE 68103 USA
VLN 165A/PCN 1271.19
1 800 211-3573 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (CAN)
For patent information:
10 x 1,000 Doses
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-29