The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Bursa-Vac 4 (G-609M5)This page contains information on Bursa-Vac 4 (G-609M5) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bursa-Vac 4 (G-609M5) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bursa-Vac 4 (G-609M5)
- Direction and dosage information for Bursa-Vac 4 (G-609M5)
Bursa-vac 4 (g-609m5)This treatment applies to the following species:
Bursal Disease Vaccine
Read Full Directions Below Carefully
Use entire contents when first opened.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Store vaccine in refrigerator under 45°F (7°C).
Gentamicin is added as a preservative.
Bursa-Vac 4 (G-609M5) CautionBurn containers and all unused contents.
This product contains an attenuated strain of bursal disease (IBD) virus to aid in the prevention of infectious bursal disease.
Bursa-Vac 4 (G-609M5) Indications For Use
For initial vaccination of healthy chickens 14 days of age or older by drinking water administration to aid in the prevention of infectious bursal disease.
Many factors must be considered in determining the proper vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry operation. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered to healthy receptive birds held in a proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be modified by the age of the birds and their immune status. Seldom does one vaccination under field conditions produce complete protection for all individuals in a given flock. The amount of protection required will vary with the type of operation and the degree of exposure that a flock is likely to encounter. For these reasons a program of periodic revaccination may be required.
Only Vaccinate Healthy Birds
Consult your poultry pathologist for further recommendations based on conditions existing in your area at any given time.
Rehydration Of The Vaccine
Do Not Open And Mix The Vaccine Until Ready To Begin Vaccination.
Use Vaccine Immediately After Mixing.
1. Tear off the aluminum seal from the vial containing the dried vaccine.
2. Lift off the rubber stopper.
3. Carefully pour clean, cool non-chlorinated water into the vaccine vial until the vial is approximately two-thirds full.
4. Replace the rubber stopper and shake vigorously until all the material is dissolved.
5. The vaccine is now ready for drinking water use in accordance with directions below.
Drinking Water Administration
FOR CHICKENS 14 DAYS OF AGE OR OLDER
1. Remove all medication, sanitizers and disinfectants from the drinking water, preferably 72 hours before vaccinating and 24 hours following vaccination.
2. Provide enough watering space so that at least two-thirds of the birds can drink at one time.
3. Scrub waterers thoroughly and rinse with fresh, clean water.
4. Withhold water for 2 hours before vaccinating to stimulate thirst.
5. Rehydrate the vaccine as directed above.
6. Add rehydrated vaccine to clean, cool non-chlorinated water at a sufficient volume to last at least 2 hours at current flock water consumption rates.
7. Distribute the vaccine solution as prepared above, among the waterers provided for the birds. Avoid placing waterers in direct sunlight.
8. Provide no other drinking water until all the vaccine treated water has been consumed.
All Schering-Plough Animal Health vaccines released for sale meet the requirements of the licensing authority (U.S. Department of Agriculture) in regard to safety, purity, potency and the capacity to immunize normal susceptible birds.
Bursa-Vac 4 (G-609M5) Caution
The capacity of this vaccine to produce satisfactory results depends on many factors including, but not limited to conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of individual animals and degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions for use should be followed carefully.
For Veterinary Use Only
U.s. Federal Regulations Prohibit The Repackaging Or Sale Of The Contents Of This Carton In Fractional Units. Do Not Accept If Seal Is Broken.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 226
Schering-Plough Animal Health Corp., Millsboro, DE 19966 U.S.A.
Copyright © 2006
Schering-Plough Animal Health Corp.
All rights reserved.
Made in U.S.A.
Registered in the U.S.
10 X 5000 Doses
Distributed by INTERVET/SCHERING-PLOUGH ANIMAL HEALTH
29160 INTERVET LANE, P.O. BOX 318, MILLSBORO, DE, 19966-0318
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Bursa-Vac 4 (G-609M5) information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-08-31