Bronchicine CAe (Canada)This page contains information on Bronchicine CAe for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bronchicine CAe Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bronchicine CAe
- Direction and dosage information for Bronchicine CAe
Bronchicine CAeThis treatment applies to the following species:
Bordetella Bronchiseptica Bacterin
Cellular Antigen Extract
For use in dogs only
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Bronchicine CAe is for vaccination of healthy dogs 8 weeks of age or older as an aid in the control of canine infectious tracheobronchitis (kennel cough) caused by Bordetella bronchiseptica. Bronchicine CAe is a nonadjuvanted antigenic extract prepared from the cells of B. bronchiseptica.
Directions For Use
1. General Directions: Shake well. Aseptically administer 1 mL subcutaneously.
2. Primary Vaccination: Healthy dogs should receive 2 doses administered 2-4 weeks apart.
3. Revaccination: Annual revaccination with a single dose is recommended.
The effect of persisting B. bronchiseptica maternal antibody on the immune response in puppies to this bacterin has not been determined. Puppies from bitches immune to the organism usually have low antibody titers that are dissipated by 4-6 weeks of age. Although kennel cough is considered a disease of complex etiology, it can be reproduced by challenge with B. bronchiseptica alone. A close association and/or confinement of dogs facilitates spread of the disease syndrome. Antibiotic therapy has been shown to be generally unsuccessful in reducing or eliminating B. bronchiseptica in dogs.
1. Store at 2°-7°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
2. Use entire contents when first opened.
3. Sterilized syringes and needles should be used to administer this vaccine.
4. Transient local irritation at the site of injection, though rare, may occur subsequent to use of this product.
5. As with many vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use. Initial antidote of epinephrine is recommended and should be followed with appropriate supportive therapy.
6. This product has been shown to be efficacious in healthy animals. A protective immune response may not be elicited if animals are incubating an infectious disease, are malnourished or parasitized, are stressed due to shipment or environmental conditions, are otherwise immunocompromised, or the vaccine is not administered in accordance with label directions.
Technical inquiries should be directed to Zoetis Inc. Technical Services, (800) 461-0917.
For veterinary use only
U.S. Veterinary License No. 190
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
25 1-dose (1-mL) vials of bacterin
50 1-dose (1-mL) vials of bacterin
16,740 TRANS-CANADA HIGHWAY, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Technical Services Canada:||800-461-0917|
|Technical Services USA:||800-366-5288|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Bronchicine CAe information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2022 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2021-11-29