Bron-Newcavac-SE (Canada)This page contains information on Bron-Newcavac-SE for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bron-Newcavac-SE Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bron-Newcavac-SE
- Direction and dosage information for Bron-Newcavac-SE
Bron-Newcavac-SEThis treatment applies to the following species:
READ IN FULL
NEWCASTLE DISEASE-BRONCHITIS VACCINE
Mass Type, Killed Virus
SALMONELLA ENTERITIDIS BACTERIN
This vaccine is prepared from Newcastle disease virus, infectious bronchitis virus, Massachusetts Type, and Salmonella enteritidis, inactivated and suspended in the aqueous phase of an oil adjuvant emulsion.
Bron-Newcavac-SE Indications For Use
This vaccine is indicated for the vaccination of chickens 10 weeks of age or older as an aid in the reduction of Salmonella enteritidis, phage types 4, 8, & 13a colonization of internal organs, including the reproductive tract. This vaccine also aids in the prevention of the signs and lesions associated with Newcastle disease and infectious bronchitis.
Chickens should be in good health when vaccinated. Sick or weak chickens will not develop adequate immunity.
The use of any inactivated vaccine may cause false positive results on Mycoplasma plate tests. Avoid Mycoplasma testing prior to ten weeks post-vaccination.
Bron-Newcavac-SE Dosage And Administration
Allow the vaccine to reach ambient temperature, 16-27°C (60-80°F), shake well before and during use. Inject 0.5 mL subcutaneously in chickens in the back of the neck midway between the head and body in a direction away from the head using an 18 gauge needle. Do not inject into muscle tissue or neck vertebrae.
Vaccinate healthy chickens at least 10 week of age. A second vaccination is recommended a minimum of 6 weeks following initial vaccination. The best protection against Newcastle disease and infectious bronchitis is obtained when chickens are previously immunized with live Newcastle disease virus and infectious bronchitis virus vaccines.
Store in the dark in a refrigerator between 2-7°C (35-45°F). DO NOT FREEZE OR EXPOSE TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
1. TO AVOID HUMAN INJECTION, EXTREME CAUTION SHOULD BE USED WHEN INJECTING ANY OIL EMULSION VACCINE. ACCIDENTAL HUMAN INJECTION MAY CAUSE SERIOUS LOCAL REACTIONS. CONTACT A PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY IF ACCIDENTAL HUMAN INJECTION OCCURS.
2. If it is desired to vaccinate birds during lay, a drop in egg production may occur.
3. Do not administer this vaccine during the critical egg laying period from onset until after peak production.
4. Do not use less than 1 dose per bird per vaccination.
5. Injection of inactivated vaccine into breast muscle may create processing plant problems under certain conditions.
6. Do not vaccinate chickens within 42 days before slaughter.
7. Do not mix this vaccine with any other substances.
8. Use entire contents when first opened.
9. Ensure that vaccination equipment is clean and sterile before use.
10. Do not use vaccination equipment with rubber parts, as the oil emulsion may attack certain types of rubber.
11. FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.
12. The use of S. enteritidis vaccines may interfere with avian pullorum-typhoid testing. It is recommended that vaccination occur after testing is complete.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Intervet Inc., U.S. and local regulatory requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens, and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
This product is not hazardous when used according to directions supplied. A material safety data sheet (MSDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Intervet Customer Service at 1-800-211-3573 (USA) or 1-888-306-0069 (Canada).
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
500 mL - 1000 Doses
The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable local and federal laws and regulations.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
STORE VACCINE BETWEEN 2 AND 7°C (35 AND 45°F)
THIS PRODUCT IS NON-RETURNABLE
INTERVET INC., Omaha, NE 68103 U.S.A.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
Made in U.S.A.
NAC No.: 12082590
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Bron-Newcavac-SE information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-09-30