BDA BlenThis page contains information on BDA Blen for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- BDA Blen Indications
- Warnings and cautions for BDA Blen
- Direction and dosage information for BDA Blen
BDA BlenThis treatment applies to the following species:
Bursal Disease Vaccine
BDA Blen is a virus-antibody complex vaccine that contains a live strain of bursal disease virus of chicken embryo origin in conjunction with bursal disease antiserum.
BDA Blen Caution
● USE ONLY IN LOCALITIES WHERE PERMITTED
● USE ONLY IN FLOCKS WITH A HISTORY OF INFECTIOUS BURSAL DISEASE
● WHEN USED IN OVO, THIS VACCINE MAY BE COMBINED ONLY WITH MERIAL’S MAREK’S DISEASE VACCINE SEROTYPES 2 AND 3, LIVE VIRUS (LIST NO. MHSF-3115 AND MHSF-3175).
● KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
Store vaccine at 35-45°F (2-7°C). Do not freeze. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter. Use entire vial contents when first opened. Burn this container and all unused contents. Contains Gentamicin as a bacteriostatic agent.
BDA Blen Indications
This vaccine is recommended for the vaccination of healthy chickens as an aid in the prevention of bursal disease. It is recommended for subcutaneous injection of chickens at one day of age or in ovo vaccination of 18- to 19-day-old embryonated chicken eggs. It is essential that the birds be maintained under good environmental conditions and that exposure to disease viruses be reduced as much as possible.
PREPARATION OF VACCINE
1. Dilute the vaccine only as directed, observing all precautions and warnings for handling.
2. Open only the vials that are going to be used immediately. Move quickly but carefully.
3. Use 200 ml of sterile diluent for each 1,000 doses of vaccine to be injected subcutaneously or for each 4,000 doses of vaccine to be administered in ovo. Remove the cover from the diluent container. Using a sterile syringe, remove 2 ml of diluent and add to the dried vaccine.
4. Allow the vaccine to dissolve, and transfer the dissolved vaccine into the bottle of diluent.
5. Rinse the vaccine vial to be sure of removing all the vaccine.
6. Replace the stopper and thoroughly mix the vaccine and diluent by swirling and inverting.
7. Use the vaccine-diluent mixture immediately as described below.
Use Of Vaccine For in Ovo Administration
Before initiating in ovo vaccination, carefully read and follow the egg injection system operator’s manual. Failure to follow instructions may result in personal injury, embryonic morbidity and mortality.
1. Sanitize the egg injection system before and after use.
2. Inject a 0.05 ml dose into each embryonated egg.
3. Use the entire contents of the vaccine container within one hour after mixing the vaccine with the diluent.
Use Of Vaccine For Subcutaneous Injection
IMPORTANT: Sterilize vaccinating equipment by autoclaving 15 minutes at 121°C or by boiling in water for 20 minutes. Never allow any chemical disinfectant to come in contact with vaccinating equipment.
1. Use a sterile automatic syringe with a 20-22 gauge, 3/8-1/2 inch needle that is set to accurately deliver 0.2 ml. Check the accuracy of delivery several times during the vaccination procedure.
2. Inject chickens under the loose skin at the back of the neck (subcutaneously), holding the chicken by the back of the neck just below the head. The loose skin in this area is raised by gently pinching with the thumb and forefinger. Insert the needle beneath the skin in a direction away from the head. Inject 0.2 ml per chicken. Avoid hitting the muscles and bones in the neck.
3. Use entire contents of bottle within one hour after mixing the vaccine with the diluent.
Do not vaccinate diseased embryonated eggs or diseased birds.
Vaccinate all birds on the premises at one time.
Administer a full dose to each embryonated egg or to each bird.
Avoid stress conditions during and following vaccination.
Do not place chickens in contaminated facilities.
Exposure to disease must be minimized as much as possible.
For veterinary use only.
Merial’s vaccines have met the requirements of the USDA in regard to safety, purity, potency, and the capability to protect susceptible chickens. This vaccine has been tested by the Master Seed immunogenicity test for efficacy.
BDA Blen Caution
The capability of this vaccine to produce satisfactory results depends upon many factors, including but not limited to conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of individual chickens, and degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions for use should be followed carefully. The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
THIS VACCINE IS NON-RETURNABLE
MERIAL, INC., Athens, GA 30601 USA
U.S. Vet Lic. No. 298
Product Codes GDA-5315, GDA-5375, GDA-5385
LJ-1M / LK-2M / LL-8M
Presentation: Available in 15 x 8,000 doses freeze-dried.
3239 SATELLITE BLVD., DULUTH, GA, 30096
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-30