Alvedia Lab Test Equine Blood Typing CaThis page contains information on Alvedia Lab Test Equine Blood Typing Ca for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Alvedia Lab Test Equine Blood Typing Ca Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Alvedia Lab Test Equine Blood Typing Ca
- Direction and dosage information for Alvedia Lab Test Equine Blood Typing Ca
Alvedia Lab Test Equine Blood Typing CaThis treatment applies to the following species:
THE FIRST EQUINE BLOOD TYPING TEST
THE FIRST BT IMMUNO-CHROMATOGRAPHY TECHNIQUE WITH A SPECIFIC EQUINE ANTI-CA MONOCLONAL ANTIBODY
● 2 minutes procedure
● Easy handling
● Reliable results
● Easy interpretation
● 100% specificity
IMPORTANCE OF BLOOD TYPING
In horses there are 7 blood group systems (A,C,D,K,P,Q,U) with greater than 30 red blood cell factors. Of these, Ca seems to be one of the most immunogenic antigens (causing allo-immunization).
● Transfusion reactions
Blood typing before transfusion minimizes the risk of transfusion reactions and prevent immunization of the recepient against incompatible RBC antigens. Ca, Aa and Qa antigens are clinically important for their role in transfusion reactions.
● Neonatal isoerythrolysis (NI)
NI is a potentially fatal condition in new foals that result from an incompatibility of blood types between the mare and the foal. It is caused when the mare produces antibodies against the foal RBC and transfers those antibodies through colostrum.
The system is based on the migration of red blood cells (RBC) on a membrane:
- A monoclonal antibody specific to Ca antigen has been incorporated on the membrane. This antibody will retain Ca positive RBC. A positive result is characterized by the presence of a red line in front of the Ca line.
- A monoclonal antibody specific to the equine glycophorin has been incorporated on the membrane. The control line must be positive ensuring that the test has run successfully.
DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US
11-13 RUE DES AULNES, 69760 LIMONEST, FRANCE
TEL: + 33 478 380 239
FAX: + 33 478 939 563
● To order
● For price list
● For further information
● To identify your local distributor
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Alvedia Lab Test Equine Blood Typing Ca information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-01-09