AE-Vac (Canada)This page contains information on AE-Vac for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- AE-Vac Indications
- Warnings and cautions for AE-Vac
- Direction and dosage information for AE-Vac
AE-VacThis treatment applies to the following species:
Avian Encephalomyelitis Vaccine
READ IN FULL
For veterinary use only
Store between 2° and 7°C.
Protect from freezing.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
For the vaccination of breeder and commercial layer replacement pullets against avian encephalomyelitis.
When To Vaccinate
Vaccinate replacement pullets when they are at least 10 weeks of age, but no later than 4 weeks before they start to lay.
Directions For Use
1. Discontinue all medications or sanitizers in the water 24 hours before vaccination.
2. Withhold water from birds for 2 hours before vaccination to stimulate thirst.
3. Provide enough clean, but NOT disinfected waterers so that two-thirds of the birds can drink at the same time. Do not give vaccine through automatic water proportioners or medication tanks.
4. Remove aluminum seal and rubber stopper from vaccine vial.
5. Half-fill the vial with clean, cool, non-chlorinated water. Replace stopper in vial and shake until vaccine is dissolved.
6. a. Dissolve dried milk in volume of cool water that will be consumed within 1 hour - 20 litres per 1,000 chickens. Dissolve 60 grams of powdered milk in each 20 litres of water.
b. Carefully add 1 vial of rehydrated vaccine for each 1,000 birds to the proper volume of milk-and-water solution. (For example, for 1,000 chickens add 1 vial rehydrated vaccine to 20 litres of milk-and-water solution.) Stir gently, but thoroughly.
c. Dilute as directed. Use at least one dose per bird.
7. Immediately distribute the vaccine solution equally among the waterers. Do not expose either the vaccine or the waterers containing vaccine to direct sunlight.
8. When vaccine water has been consumed, return to regular water, but do not resume any previous medication for 24 hours.
If given to laying flocks, this live-virus vaccine could cause a 10% to 15% drop in production for 10 days to 2 weeks. Eggs for hatching should not be taken from the flock until 4 weeks after vaccination. Do not expose to chicks under 3 weeks of age, sick or debilitated birds or birds under stress. Observe strict sanitary precautions.
This product should be stored, transported and administered in accordance with the instructions and directions.
Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date; date of receipt and date of vaccination; where vaccination took place; any reactions observed.
THIS PRODUCT IS NONRETURNABLE
List No. 0873: 10 x 1,000 Doses
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
NAC No.: 1198357.2
16,740 TRANS-CANADA HIGHWAY, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Technical Services Canada:||800-461-0917|
|Technical Services USA:||800-366-5288|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the AE-Vac information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-01-04