Advantage 9 (imidacloprid) Topical Solution for Cats and Kittens (8 Weeks and Older, 9 lbs. and Under)This page contains information on Advantage 9 (imidacloprid) Topical Solution for Cats and Kittens (8 Weeks and Older, 9 lbs. and Under) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Advantage 9 (imidacloprid) Topical Solution for Cats and Kittens (8 Weeks and Older, 9 lbs. and Under) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Advantage 9 (imidacloprid) Topical Solution for Cats and Kittens (8 Weeks and Older, 9 lbs. and Under)
- Direction and dosage information for Advantage 9 (imidacloprid) Topical Solution for Cats and Kittens (8 Weeks and Older, 9 lbs. and Under)
Advantage 9 (imidacloprid) Topical Solution for Cats and Kittens (8 Weeks and Older, 9 lbs. and Under)This treatment applies to the following species:
Once-A-Month Topical Flea Treatment for Cats and Kittens 8 Weeks and Older.
READ THE ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
For the Prevention and Treatment of Flea Infestations on Cats
● One treatment prevents further flea infestation for up to four weeks
● Kills fleas on cats within 12 hours
● Kills fleas before they lay eggs
● Convenient, easy to apply
% By Weight
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
See Below for First Aid and Precautionary Statements
HAZARDS TO HUMANS: Causes eye irritation. Harmful if swallowed. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Avoid contact with skin. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling. Keep out of reach of children. Do not contaminate feed or food.
Hazards To Domestic Animals
For external use only. Do not use on kittens under eight weeks of age. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your animal is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product. For consumer questions call 1-800-255-6826. For medical emergencies call 1-800-422-9874.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment.
If in eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If swallowed: Call poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If on skin or clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 - 20 minutes. Call poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
To Physician: Treat the patient symptomatically.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Use only on cats. Do not use on other animals.
2. Remove one applicator tube from the package.
3. Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
4. Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
5. Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
6. Part the hair on the neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents of the tube directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your pet’s eyes or mouth. The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occur for a short time if the cat licks the product immediately after treatment. Treatment at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick the product.
7. Discard empty tube as described in Storage and Disposal.
8. In case of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every 7 days. After flea control is attained, return to monthly retreatment schedule.
The successive feeding activity of fleas on pets may elicit a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Treatment of cats with Advantage rapidly kills fleas and may reduce the incidence of this condition.
Advantage kills fleas on cats within 12 hours. Reinfesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting for up to four (4) weeks. Preexisting pupae in the environment may continue to emerge for six (6) weeks or longer depending upon the climatic conditions. Larval flea stages in the pet’s surroundings are killed following contact with an Advantage treated pet.
Advantage is waterproof and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight. Monthly treatments are required for optimal control and prevention of fleas.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
StorageStore in a cool, dry place.
If empty: Do not reuse or refill this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-422-9874 for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Limited Warranty And Limitation Of Damages
Bayer HealthCare LLC, Animal Health Division warrants that this material conforms to the chemical description on the label. TO THE EXTENT CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAW, BAYER MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY, and no agent of Bayer is authorized to do so except in writing with a specific reference to this warranty. Any damages arising from a breach of this warranty shall be limited to direct damages and shall not include consequential commercial damages such as loss of profits or values, etc.
Advantage 9 Topical Solution - Orange/9 For Cats and Kittens 8 Weeks and Older and 9 lbs. and Under.
Code 00837869-032699 - Four 0.014 fl oz (0.4 mL) Tubes
Code 01791668-053699 - Six 0.014 fl oz (0.4 mL) Tubes
EPA Est. 11556-DEU-1 EPA Reg. No. 11556-116
Advantage 18 Topical Solution - Purple/18 For Cats and Kittens 8 Weeks and Older and Over 9 lbs.
Code 00837877-032799 - Four 0.027 fl oz (0.8 mL) Tubes
Code 01791692-053799 - Six 0.027 fl oz (0.8 mL) Tubes
EPA Est. 11556-DEU-1 EPA Reg. No. 11556-118
Manufactured For Bayer HealthCare LLC, Animal Health Division, Shawnee Mission, Kansas 66201 USA
© 2009 Bayer HealthCare LLC
Made in Germany
Bayer, the Bayer Cross and Advantage are registered trademarks of Bayer
Advantage is protected by the following U.S. patents: 6,232,328 and 6,001,858
Regulations for product use are established by country. Information contained on this site pertains only to the United States of America, and is not intended to provide adequate information for product use. Before using or dispensing any product, read and carefully observe the label directions.
Animal Health Division
P.O. BOX 390, SHAWNEE MISSION, KS, 66201-0390
|Customer Service Tel.:||800-633-3796|
|Customer Service Fax:||800-344-4219|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Advantage 9 (imidacloprid) Topical Solution for Cats and Kittens (8 Weeks and Older, 9 lbs. and Under) information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-09-30