Adenomune IIThis page contains information on Adenomune II for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Adenomune II Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Adenomune II
- Direction and dosage information for Adenomune II
Adenomune IIThis treatment applies to the following species:
HEMORRHAGIC ENTERITIS VACCINE
For Drinking Water Use
Note: Read this circular before rehydrating the vaccine.
Directions For Use
This vaccine contains a live avirulent strain of hemorrhagic enteritis virus of pheasant origin prepared in a lyophilized form. The application of this vaccine to 5-week-old turkeys aids in the prevention of disease caused by hemorrhagic enteritis virus.
Adenomune II Indications
This vaccine is recommended for the vaccination of healthy turkeys at 5 weeks of age or older using the drinking water route. Turkeys vaccinated at a younger age may not develop adequate immunity due to maternal antibody interference. Turkeys should be maintained in good environmental conditions and exposure to disease should be avoided as much as possible.
DIRECTIONS FOR ADMINISTRATION BY DRINKING WATER
1. Do not open or rehydrate the vaccine until ready to vaccinate turkeys.
2. Discontinue water medication, sanitizers, and disinfectants 48 hours before vaccination. Do not resume any medication, sanitizers, or disinfectants in the water for 24 hours after all vaccine water has been consumed. The waterers should be thoroughly cleaned and rinsed before use. Do not use disinfecting solutions during cleaning as the disinfectant residue may inactivate the vaccine. Drinking containers must be free of all disinfecting solutions and medicants prior to vaccination.
3. Prior to administration of the vaccine, withhold water from the turkeys for approximately 2 hours to stimulate thirst. Be careful in hot weather not to over stress the birds due to water deprivation.
4. Rehydrate the vaccine as follows:
NOTE: As an aid in preserving the vaccine use 30 ml (1 ounce) of rehydrated non-fat powdered milk to each 1 gallon (3.8 liters) of clean, cool, non-chlorinated water for rehydrating and mixing the vaccine.
a. Tear off the seal from the vial containing the freeze-dried vaccine and remove the stopper.
b. Carefully pour the milk/water into the vaccine vial until the vial is approximately two-thirds full.
c. Insert the stopper and shake vigorously until all of the vaccine is rehydrated.
d. Pour the vaccine into the solution to be administered.
e. Rinse the vaccine vial to remove all of the vaccine and add this to the vaccine solution to be administered.
5. The vaccine is to be mixed with an appropriate volume of water to be consumed over a one-hour period depending on the age of the turkeys, ambient temperature, and the type of watering system used. For 1000 5-week-old turkeys, it is recommended to mix the rehydrated vaccine with 10 gallons (38 liters) of water.
6. Provide enough waterers so that all birds have access to the vaccine-treated water.
7. Avoid placing the vaccine in direct sunlight.
8. Provide no other drinking water until all of the vaccine-treated water has been consumed. Continue watering with untreated water for 24 hours before resuming the normal watering practices.
9. Vaccinating with less than one dose per bird may fail to protect satisfactorily.
CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS
1. Store the vaccine at 35-45°F (2-7°C).
2. Do not open and mix the vaccine until ready to begin vaccination.
3. Use the entire contents of the vial immediately after mixing.
4. Do not dilute or otherwise extend the dosage.
5. Burn empty containers and all unused contents.
6. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter.
7. Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
8. Vaccinate all turkeys on the premises at the same time.
9. Vaccinate only healthy turkeys.
10. For Veterinary Use Only.
This vaccine is not returnable to the manufacturer.
Biomune Co., 8906 Rosehill Road, Lenexa, Kansas 66215 USA
Phone: (913) 894-0230
U.S. Vet Lic. No. 368
Presentation: 2,000 dose, 5,000 dose, and 10,000 dose vials (10-pack cartons).
NAC No.: 11290541
8906 ROSEHILL ROAD, LENEXA, KS, 66215
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Adenomune II information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-04-21