Activyl TickPlus for Dogs and Puppies (over 11 lb and up to 22 lb)This page contains information on Activyl TickPlus for Dogs and Puppies (over 11 lb and up to 22 lb) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Activyl TickPlus for Dogs and Puppies (over 11 lb and up to 22 lb) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Activyl TickPlus for Dogs and Puppies (over 11 lb and up to 22 lb)
- Direction and dosage information for Activyl TickPlus for Dogs and Puppies (over 11 lb and up to 22 lb)
Activyl TickPlus for Dogs and Puppies (over 11 lb and up to 22 lb)This treatment applies to the following species:
Permethrin-, cyphenothrin- and phenothrin-containing products:
DO NOT USE ON CATS - MAY BE FATAL
Keep cats away from treated dogs for 24 hours. If applied or ingested, contact your veterinarian immediately.
INTENDED TO BE SOLD BY VETERINARIANS
Once-A-Month Topical Flea and Tick Treatment for dogs and puppies 8 weeks and older and weighing over 11 lb and up to 22 lb ONLY
(S)-methyl 7 - chloro - 2,5 - dihydro - 2 - [[(methoxycarbonyl)[4 - trifluoromethoxy)phenyl]amino] - carbonyl]indeno[1,2 - e][1,3,4]oxadiazine - 4a(3H) - carboxylate
3-(phenoxybenzyl)-methyl-(±) cis, trans-3-(2,2-dichloroethenyl)-2,2-Dimethylcyclopropanecarboxylate
*cis/trans ratio Min. 35%(±) cis and Max. 65%(±)trans
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Activyl TickPlus for Dogs and Puppies (over 11 lb and up to 22 lb) Caution
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
TO PREVENT HARM TO YOU AND YOUR DOG, READ ENTIRE LABEL AND DIRECTIONS BEFORE EACH USE. FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS AND PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS CAREFULLY.
HOW TO APPLY- Open one foil pouch and remove applicator.
For dogs over 11 lb and up to 22 lb ONLY
Step 1. Hold applicator in upright position away from your face and snap tip open by bending it and folding it back on itself.
Step 2. The dog should be standing for easy application. Part the hair and place applicator tip against the skin between shoulder blades.
Step 3. Squeeze applicator firmly applying entire contents directly to skin. Do not allow run off. Do not have contact with treated area until it is completely dry.
It is recommended to reapply every 30 days or as needed, but DO NOT apply more than 1 applicator per month. When application is complete, follow the Container Handling instructions under the Storage and Disposal section below.
● DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO APPLY PRODUCT.
● TO PREVENT HARM TO YOU AND YOUR DOG, READ ENTIRE LABEL AND DIRECTIONS BEFORE EACH USE.
● FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS AND PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS CAREFULLY.
● USE ON DOGS ONLY.
● DO NOT USE ON DOGS (MALE OR FEMALE) INTENDED FOR BREEDING, OR ON DOGS THAT ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING.
● DO NOT USE ON CATS or OTHER ANIMALS.
● DO NOT APPLY MORE THAN ONCE PER MONTH.
● DO NOT HAVE CONTACT OR ALLOW CHILDREN TO HAVE CONTACT WITH TREATED AREA UNTIL IT IS COMPLETELY DRY.
● DO NOT ALLOW YOUR DOG TO INGEST THIS PRODUCT.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ON DOGS AND PUPPIES ONLY.
DO NOT USE ON DOGS OR PUPPIES UNDER 8 WEEKS OF AGE AND WEIGHING LESS THAN 11 LB.
If in Eyes
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
● Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
● Call poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If On Skin
● Take off contaminated clothing.
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to by a poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
HOT LINE NUMBER
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may also contact the Rocky Mountain Poison Center at 1-303-595-4869 for emergency medical treatment information.
Side EffectsMonitor your dog after application. Side effects may include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using any pesticide product. Consult a veterinarian immediately.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS
CAUTION. Causes moderate eye irritation. Harmful if swallowed. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS
For external use on dogs and puppies only. Do not use on puppies under 8 weeks of age.
Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, and medicated animals. Do not use on pregnant or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using any pesticide product. If signs of sensitivity occur bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately. Certain medications can interact with pesticides. Consult a veterinarian before using on medicated animals.
DO NOT USE ON CATS. MAY BE FATAL. Accidental application to cats and/or grooming a recently treated dog may result in tremors and/or uncoordinated muscle movements. If this occurs, immediate veterinary care should be provided. Cats which actively groom or engage in close physical contact with recently treated dogs may be at risk of serious harmful effect.
PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS
Flammable. Keep away from heat and open flame.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL AND CONTAINER HANDLING If empty: Do not reuse this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused products down any indoor or outdoor drain.
EPA Reg. No. 773-95
EPA Est. No. 618-LA-1
Net Contents: 1 applicator, each 0.03 fl. oz.
Made in the USA
Intervet Inc (d/b/a Merck Animal Health), Summit, NJ 07901
Copyright © 2012, Intervet Inc., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc. All rights reserved.
NAC No.: 1047500.1
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Activyl TickPlus for Dogs and Puppies (over 11 lb and up to 22 lb) information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-09-30