Activyl for Cats & KittensThis page contains information on Activyl for Cats & Kittens for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Activyl for Cats & Kittens Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Activyl for Cats & Kittens
- Direction and dosage information for Activyl for Cats & Kittens
Activyl for Cats & KittensThis treatment applies to the following species:
Spot-On for Cats and Kittens
Once-A-Month Topical Flea Treatment
For Cats and Kittens 2 to 9 lb and 8 weeks of age or older ONLY
(S)-methyl 7 - chloro - 2,5 - dihydro - 2 - [[(methoxycarbonyl)[4 - trifluoromethoxy)phenyl]amino] - carbonyl]indeno[1,2 - e][1,3,4]oxadiazine - 4a(3H) - carboxylate
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
● DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO APPLY PRODUCT.
● TO PREVENT HARM TO YOU AND YOUR CAT, READ ENTIRE LABEL AND DIRECTIONS BEFORE EACH USE.
● FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS AND PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS CAREFULLY.
● USE ON CATS ONLY.
● DO NOT USE ON CATS (MALE OR FEMALE) INTENDED FOR BREEDING, PREGNANT OR NURSING.
● DO NOT USE ON OTHER ANIMALS.
● DO NOT USE MORE THAN ONCE A MONTH.
● DO NOT HAVE CONTACT OR ALLOW CHILDREN TO HAVE CONTACT WITH TREATED AREA UNTIL IT IS COMPLETELY DRY.
● DO NOT ALLOW YOUR CAT TO INGEST THIS PRODUCT. FOR EXTERNAL USE ON CATS AND KITTENS ONLY. Do not use on cats or kittens under 8 weeks of age. Do not use on cats weighing less than 2 lb.
Open one foil pouch as directed and remove applicator.
For Cats and Kittens 2 to 9 lb ONLY
Step 1. Hold applicator in upright position away from your face and snap tip open by bending it and folding it back on itself.
Step 2. Part the hair and place applicator tip against the skin at the base of skull. Applying the product at the base of the skull will help prevent the cat from licking the product.
Step 3. Squeeze applicator firmly applying entire contents directly to skin. Do not allow product to run off. Do not have contact with treated area until completely dry.
It is recommended to reapply every 30 days, but DO NOT apply more than 1 applicator per month. When application is complete, follow the Container Handling instructions under the Storage and Disposal section below.
If in Eyes
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
● Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If On Skin
● Take off contaminated clothing.
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● Call poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
● Have a person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to by the poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
HOT LINE NUMBER
Have the product container or label with you when calling the poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may also contact the Rocky Mountain Poison Center at 1-303-595-4869 for emergency medical treatment information.
Side EffectsMonitor your cat after application. Accidental ingestion by the cat may cause intermittent excess salivation. Other immediate post-treatment observations may include licking the face, shaking the head and squinting. In rare cases, application site reactions (e.g. scratching, redness, hair loss) may occur. These effects usually resolve without requiring treatment. Rare cases (fewer than 1 in 1,000) of neurological signs (e.g. incoordination, tremor, impaired balance, convulsions, dilated pupils, and impaired vision) and/or vomiting and very rare cases (fewer than 1 in 10,000) of decreased appetite, lethargy, hyperactivity, or vocalization may occur. These effects will generally resolve with supportive treatment. If these or other side effects occur consult a veterinarian immediately.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS
WARNING. Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. Harmful if absorbed through skin or swallowed. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS
For external use on cats and kittens only. Do not use on kittens under 8 age. Do not use on cats weighing less than 2 lb. Do not use on cats (male or female) intended for breeding, pregnant or nursing. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, or medicated cats. Accidental ingestion by the cat may cause intermittent excess salivation. Other immediate post-treatment observations may include licking the face, shaking the head and squinting. These effects should disappear within several minutes following exposure without requiring treatment. Individual sensitivities may occur after using any pesticide product. If signs of sensitivity occur, consult a veterinarian immediately. Certain medications can interact with pesticides.
PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS
Flammable. Keep away from heat and open flame.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL AND CONTAINER HANDLING: If empty, do not reuse the container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled, call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused products down any indoor or outdoor drain.
EPA Reg. No. 773-93
EPA Est. No. 618-LA-1
Net Contents: 1 applicator(s), each 0.02 fl. oz.
Made in the USA.
Intervet Inc (d/b/a Merck Animal Health), 2 Giralda Farms, Madison, NJ 07940
Copyright 2012, 2017 Intervet Inc., a subsidiary of Merck and Co., Inc.
All rights reserved.
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Activyl for Cats & Kittens information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-10-21