Active substance(s): BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE SOLUTION 50% W/V / LIGHT LIQUID PARAFFIN / TRICLOSAN / BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE SOLUTION 50% W/V / LIGHT LIQUID PARAFFIN / TRICLOSAN / BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE SOLUTION 50% W/V / LIGHT LIQUID PARAFFIN / TRICLOSAN
Light Liquid Paraffin
For the topical treatment of eczemas at risk of infection
Contains antibacterial agents
A cutaneous solution to add to the bath, for use on the skin
• Do not use Zerolatum neat on your skin. It should always be diluted in water.
• Do not use with soap.
• Take care not to slip in the bath. A non-slip mat may be advisable.
• Keep away from fire when using this product. If the product comes into contact with dressings and
clothing the fabric can easily be ignited with a naked flame.
• Avoid contact of the undiluted product with the eyes.
Dosage: Adults and chidren over one year: Add 40ml (3 capfuls) in an 8 inch bath. Alternatively, add
20ml (1½ capfuls) in a 4 inch bath.
Infants 6 – 12 months: Add 1ml (cover the bottom of the cap) to the bath and mix well with water.
Do not use for babies under 6 months.
• Soak in the bath for 10 - 15 minutes, then gently pat skin dry.
• After use, the bath should be cleaned with detergent to remove the slipperiness.
For external use only
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not store above 25°C
Do not use the bath oil if the bottle is damaged
This label was last revised in November 2014
TEXT FOR NON-MARKETED PACKS
Zerolatum Plus provides a thin film of oil on the skin’s surface, which reduces water loss from the skin and
therefore prevents it from drying out too quickly.
• It is used in the treatment of eczemas at risk of infection.
• Do not use the bath oil if you are allergic to Wool Alcohols or any of the other ingredients.
• Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are pregnant (or might become pregnant) or are breastfeeding.
• If the bath oil is accidentally swallowed: Contact your nearest hospital casualty department or doctor
immediately. Take the bottle with you to show the doctor. If accidentally spilt in the eye, rinse with clean
water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists seek medical advice.
• The bath oil may occasionally cause a mild rash or skin irritation. If this occurs, stop using the bath oil and
consult your doctor or pharmacist for advice. They will also give advice on other queries you may have
about the bath oil.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects
not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at:
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Active Ingredients: Light Liquid Paraffin 51.66% w/w, Benzalkonium Chloride 6% w/w, Triclosan 2%
Also contains: Isopropyl Palmitate, Oleyl Alcohol, Macrogol Lauryl Ether, Crodalan AWS (Polysorbate 80,
Cetyl, Stearyl and Oleyl Acetates and Acetylated Lanolin (Wool) Alcohols), Propylene Glycol.
The product licence holder is: Zeroderma Ltd. Linthwaite, Huddersfield, HD7 5QH, UK.
The manufacturer is: Thornton & Ross Ltd., Linthwaite, Huddersfield, HD7 5QH, UK.
Source: Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.