TRANSVASIN HEAT SPRAY
Active substance(s): 2-HYDROXYETHYL SALICYLATE / DIETHYLAMINE SALICYLATE / METHYL NICOTINATE
RADIAN B HEAT SPRAY 125ml LABEL LEAFLET
Radian B Heat Spray
(2- Hydroxyethyl Salicylate, Diethylamine Salicylate, Methyl Nicotinate)
Patient Information Leaflet
Read all of the leaflet before you use this medicine.
It includes other information which might be especially important for you.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need any more information or advice.
• If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell
your doctor or pharmacist.
1. What the medicine is for
Radian B Heat Spray is a warming solution which relieves the symptoms of muscular and rheumatic pain.
2. Before you use this medicine
Do not use the medicine if you have….
• An allergy to any of the ingredients listed in section 6.
• An allergy to salicylates (e.g. aspirin) or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines.
• Or the child is under 12 years old.
Take special care....
• Do not use on broken or inflamed skin.
• Do not use if taking an anticoagulant e.g. warfarin, without first consulting your doctor.
• Keep away from eyes, nose and other sensitive areas.
• Do not breathe in the spray.
• Stop use if excessive irritation occurs.
• Radian B Heat Spray is flammable. Do not use it near a fire or flame.
• The container is pressurized. Protect it from sunlight and never expose it to temperatures over 50°C.
• Do not pierce or burn the can, even after use.
• Do not use near polished or painted surfaces or place the can on polished or painted surfaces.
• Do not spray onto a flame or glowing hot material.
Pregnant or breastfeeding….
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before use if you are pregnant, might be pregnant or are
3. How to use this medicine
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years :
Spray Solution for skin. Shake well before use.
• Hold the can about 15cm (6 inches) away from the skin and point the nozzle arrow towards the affected
• Spray evenly using short bursts.
• There is no need to massage.
Children under 12 years
Do not use on children under 12 unless your doctor tells you to.
If your symptoms persist you should ask your doctor for advice.
TEXT FOR NON-MARKETED PACKS
RADIAN B HEAT SPRAY 125ml LABEL LEAFLET
If you swallow some
If you accidentally apply this medicine to a large area of skin and you feel unwell, or if you swallow some,
see a doctor straight away. Take the pack with you to show which medicine you have swallowed.
4. Possible side effects
Radian B Heat Spray may cause temporary redness of the skin. Inflammation of the skin may also occur. If
you notice these or any other side effects stop use and tell your doctor or pharmacist. They will tell you what
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects
not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at:
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
5. Storing this medicine
• Keep it out of the sight and reach of children.
• Protect from sunlight.
• Do not use after the expiry date shown on the label.
6. Further information
The active ingredients are: 2-hydroxyethyl salicylate 5% w/w, diethylamine salicylate 5% w/w, methyl
nicotinate 1% w/w.
The other ingredients are: isopropyl alcohol, butane/propane propellant.
What the medicine looks like
Radian B Heat Spray is pale yellow liquid which is supplied in a 125ml aerosol can.
Licence holder: Thornton & Ross Ltd., Huddersfield, HD7 5QH, UK.
Manufacturer: Colep Laupheim GmbH & Co. KG, Fockestrasse 12, 88471, Laupheim, Germany.
This leaflet was last revised in November 2014
Radian B is a Trade Mark of Thornton & Ross Ltd.
Source: Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.