UK Edition. Click here for US version.
SUPERDRUG PARACETAMOL PLUS PAIN RELIEF TABLETS
Active substance(s): CAFFEINE
Neutral code not required on the leaflet artworks.
Package leaflet: Information for the user
Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra 500mg/65mg Tablets
Paracetamol and Caﬀeine
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start taking this medicine because it contains
important information for you.
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaﬂet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you.
- Keep this leaﬂet. You may need to read it again.
- Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
- If you get any side eﬀects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This
includes any possible side eﬀects not listed in this leaﬂet. See
- You must talk to a doctor if you do not feel better or if you feel
worse after 3 days.
What is in this leaflet:
1. What Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets are and what
they are used for
2. What you need to know before you take Health Essentials Pain
Relief Extra Tablets
3. How to take Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets
4. Possible side eﬀects
5. How to store Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets
6. Contents of the pack and other information
1. WHAT HEALTH ESSENTIALS PAIN RELIEF EXTRA TABLETS ARE AND WHAT THEY ARE USED FOR
The name of your medicine is Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets. These tablets contain a
combination of paracetamol (a painkiller) and caﬀeine (a mild stimulant).
Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets are used to relieve mild to moderate pain including,
toothache, period pains, and pains associated with the joints and muscles.
2. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU TAKE HEALTH ESSENTIALS PAIN RELIEF EXTRA TABLETS
Do not take Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets if you:
• are allergic to paracetamol, caﬀeine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6)
• have had ulcers of the stomach or small intestine (peptic ulcer disease).
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets if you:
• suﬀer from kidney disease
• suﬀer from liver disease, particularly if caused by alcohol
• suﬀer from alcoholism
• suﬀer from asthma, particularly if your asthma is worsened by aspirin.
Caution should be exercised when taking paracetamol prior to (less than 72 hours before) or at the
same time as intravenous busulfan.
This medicine contains paracetamol; do not take with any other paracetamol-containing
products at the same time.
Other medicines and Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
The following medicines can aﬀect or be aﬀected by Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets:
• medicines used to treat bacterial infections (e.g. quinolone antibiotics such as enoxacin, pipemidic
acid and ciproﬂoxacin and isoniazid used to treat tuberculosis)
• medicines used to treat epilepsy (ﬁts) (e.g. carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primodone)
• medicines used to treat depression (e.g. ﬂuvoxamine)
• metoclopramide and domperidone (used to treat sickness and nausea)
• oral contraceptives (“The Pill”, mini-pill), hormonal implants and HRT
• warfarin and other coumarin medicines (used to thin the blood) due to increased risk of bleeding
• probenecid (used to treat gout)
• diﬂunisal (an anti-inﬂammatory painkiller)
• colestyramine (used to treat high cholesterol and in diseases of the intestine and liver)
• ﬂuconazole or terbinaﬁne (used to treat fungal infections)
• clozapine (an antipsychotic used to treat schizophrenia)
• diuretics such as hydrochlorothiazide
• ephedrine, a stimulant used in dietary supplements such as Ma Huang
• benzodiazepine medicines (sedatives e.g. diazepam)
• disulfaram (used to treat alcoholism)
• lithium (used to treat manic depression/bipolar disorder)
• mexilitine (used to treat abnormal heart rhythms)
• phenylpropanolamine (a decongestant)
• theophylline (used in the treatment of asthma)
• intravenous busulfan (used in chemotherapy to treat cancer).
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask
your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Driving and using machines
Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets do not aﬀect your ability to drive or operate machinery.
3. HOW TO TAKE HEALTH ESSENTIALS PAIN RELIEF EXTRA TABLETS
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaﬂet or as your doctor or pharmacist
has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Swallow tablets whole with a glass of water.
ART WORK CHECK BOX
PLANT LOCATION :
PHARMACODE No. :
SAP CODE No. :
TEXT FONT SIZE :
FILE NAME :
RECEIVED ON :
PROOF REVISION :
Health Essential Pain Relief Plus - 16 tablets (Aldi)
(w)128 x (h)240mm
Health Essential Pain Relief Plus_Aldi_Lit_107480-2.ai
Adobe Illustrator CS5
Myriad Pro Regular / Bold
1st & 2nd December, 2016
R 1st PDF sent on - 14TH DEC. 2016
CHANGE CONTROL : Version changes due to change in:
Changes in detail: • Regulatory text amends
6. CONTENTS OF THE PACK AND OTHER INFORMATION
What Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets contain
The active ingredients are: paracetamol 500mg and caﬀeine 65mg.
The other ingredients are: potato starch, pregelatinised maize starch, povidone, magnesium stearate,
puriﬁed talc, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid and water.
What Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets look like and contents of the pack
Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets are capsule shaped tablets.
Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets are available on general sale in blister pack sizes of 8, 10, 12
and 16 tablets. Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
Marketing Authorisation Holder: Wockhardt UK Ltd, Ash Road North, Wrexham LL13 9UF, UK.
Manufacturer: CP Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Ash Road North, Wrexham LL13 9UF, UK.
To listen to or request a copy of this leaﬂet in Braille, large print or audio please call, free of charge:
0800 198 5000 (UK Only).
Please be ready to give the following information:
Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra 500mg/65mg Tablets
This is a service provided by the Royal National Institute of Blind People.
This leaﬂet was last revised in 12/2016
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
• Store in a dry place below 25°C
• Store in the original container in order to protect from light; do not transfer to another container
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton. The expiry date refers
to the last day of that month.
Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to
throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
5. HOW TO STORE HEALTH ESSENTIALS PAIN RELIEF EXTRA TABLETS
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side eﬀects, although not everybody gets them.
As can happen with any medicine, a few people may develop an allergic reaction. If you experience
any of the following, stop taking this medicine immediately, and see your doctor or pharmacist:
• allergic reactions which may be severe such as skin rash, peeling of the skin, itching, swollen red areas
of the skin, sometimes with shortness of breath or swelling of the mouth, lips, tongue, throat or face.
Side eﬀects that have been reported with Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets are:
• worsening of asthma
• sleep disturbance
• changes in blood cells
• very rare cases of serious skin
• irregular heartbeat
reactions have been reported
• feeling or being sick
• acid reﬂux
• bowel irritation
• increased frequency to urinate
• lumps (cysts) in the breasts
The use of this medicine over a long time can cause kidney problems. If you experience any side
eﬀects or feel that the medicine is aﬀecting you badly tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side eﬀects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side
eﬀects not listed in this leaﬂet. You can also report side eﬀects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at:
www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side eﬀects you can help provide more information on
the safety of this medicine.
Adults and children 16 years and over:
• 1 to 2 tablets every 4 - 6 hours
• do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours
• do not exceed the recommended dose
• if symptoms persist see your doctor
• do not take for more than 3 days unless you have been told to do so by your doctor.
Children 12 - 15 years:
• one tablet every 4 - 6 hours when necessary to a maximum of 4 doses in 24 hours.
Children under 12 years:
• do not give to children under 12 years unless your doctor tells
If you take more Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets
than you should
Talk to a doctor at once if you take too much of this medicine
even if you feel well.
This is because too much paracetamol can cause delayed, serious
If you forget to take Health Essentials Pain Relief Extra Tablets
If you forget a dose, take another as soon as you remember. If it is
almost time for your next dose, then do not take the missed dose
at all. NEVER take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.