SOLUPRICK SQ DERMATOPHAGOIDES FARINAE 10 HEP
Active substance(s): DERMATOPHAGOIDES FARINAE
1036659 (02-2014)_ALK_Soluprick 29/04/15 10:28 Página 1
LEAFLET SOLUPRICK SQ
heat, general discomfort and agitation may develop after a
few seconds or minutes.
If this happens your doctor or health professional will have an
emergency kit available with a ‘ready for use’ adrenaline
TELL YOUR DOCTOR/NURSE IMMEDIATELY IF YOU FEEL
ANY OF THESE CHANGES. He or she will be able to give you
the right treatment at once to make you feel well.
Solution for Skin Prick Testing
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
Grass pollen, tree pollen, weed pollen, animal hair and dander
and house dust mites
You can also report side effects directly via the MHRA Yellow
Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting
side effects you can help provide more information on the
safety of this medicine.
1. WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT
Please read this leaflet carefully before you start treatment
with Soluprick SQ. Soluprick SQ is a solution for skin prick
testing (SPT). It is used in the diagnosis of specific allergenic
diseases. If you have any questions or are in any doubt about
anything, please ask your doctor or nurse.
2. WHAT IS THE SKIN PRICK TESTING FOR?
Soluprick SQ is used to check if you have an allergy to one of
the following groups of allergens:
Animal hair and dander
House dust mites
See section number 7.
3. BEFORE YOU ARE GIVEN YOUR SKIN
• Are you regularly taking Beta-blockers to control your
• Have you any skin problems in the area to be used for
• Are you allergic to any of the ingredients in Soluprick SQ?
• Are you taking antihistamines, hydroxyzine, ketotifen,
tricyclic antidepressants or using steroid ointment?
• If the answer to any or all of the above questions is YES,
TELL YOUR DOCTOR/NURSE BEFORE HE/SHE GIVES
YOU SOLUPRICK SQ
4. HOW WILL YOU BE GIVEN THE SKIN
Prick testing in children is already possible after the first year
of life, depending on the child’s constitution.
While in general Skin Prick Testing before the age of 4 is not
performed, your specialist may decide to do this test in a
child under 4 years if he/she considers that it is necessary.
Your specialist will discuss this with you.
This medicinal product will be administered exclusively by
trained healthcare professionals who will give you instructions
The procedure is as follows:
• The Skin Prick Test is usually carried out on the inner side
of the forearm. Alternatively the test can be done on your
• Your skin must be dry and clean and may be disinfected
with alcohol by the nurse or doctor
• Test preparations and the controls are applied in droplets
on the skin at an appropriate distance from each other (a
numbered tape may be used).
• The top layer of the skin is pierced by the doctor/nurse
with an ALK lancet through the droplets.
• The reaction is read after 15 minutes. A positive reaction is
a pale small raised swelling or weal with a red edge.
6. HOW SHOULD THE SKIN PRICK TEST BE
• The clinic/hospital will store the Skin Prick Test, solution.
• This medicine should be kept in a refrigerator (between 2ºC
and 8ºC) out of the reach and sight of children, as the
medicine could harm them.
• Do not freeze the solution.
• Keep the vials in the outer carton to protect it from light.
• Do not use the skin prick test solution after the expiry date,
which is printed on the carton and label.
7. WHAT IS IN THE MEDICINE?
Soluprick SQ is a solution for skin prick testing that contains
an extract of specific allergen. The allergen is the substance
that causes the allergic disease. Soluprick SQ also contains
the inactive ingredients, disodium phosphate, sodium
dihydrogen phosphate, phenol, sodium chloride, glycerol and
water for injections.
The following individual allergens are available:
Grass pollen: Timothy Grass.
Tree pollen: Silver Birch.
Weed pollen: Mugwort.
Animal hair and dander: Horse Dander, Dog Hair, Cat Hair
House dust mites: Dermatophagoides farinae,
Each single allergen is provided in a 2 ml glass vial.
The strength of the products is 10 HEP.
The biological activity of Soluprick SQ is related to the
reaction in the skin of an allergic patient measured relative to
a histamine dihydrochloride solution.
8. MANUFACTURER AND PRODUCT LICENCE
Product Licence Holder
Bøge Allé 6-8
Miguel Fleta 19
1 Manor Park,
Manor Farm Road, Reading,
Berkshire, RG2 0NA
Tel: 0118 903 7940
10. DATE ON WHICH THE PACKAGE LEAFLET WAS
5. AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE SKIN
Like all medicines, Soluprick can cause side effects, although
not everybody gets them.
Normally a Skin Prick Test does not cause any problems but
occasionally some people may get side effects such as:
• A continuously spreading weal may be formed very
commonly (in more than 1 in 10 patients) at the site during
the first 10-20 minutes after application of the allergen.
• Very commonly (in more than 1 in 10 patients) local
widespread swelling and redness may happen 6-24 hours
after the application of the allergen.
If you experience any of these side effects, and they stay or
become troublesome, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
If you get any other unusual or unexpected side effect, you
should tell your doctor or pharmacist at once.
In very rare cases (less than 1 in 10,000 patients) an
anaphylactic reaction/shock may occur after skin-prick test
with active allergens. Symptoms that often signal the
beginning of a severe anaphylactic reaction (side effect) might
be flushing, intense itching in palms, feet and other areas of
the body (like nettle rash), difficulty in breathing, a sense of