SCHOLL CORN AND CALLOUS REMOVAL LIQUID
Active substance(s): CAMPHOR / SALICYLIC ACID
Salicylic Acid 11.25% w/v and Camphor 2.8% w/v
PATIENT INFORMATION LEAFLET
Please read this leaflet carefully before using Corn and Callous Removal Liquid.
• Keep this leaflet, you may want to read it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
What is this liquid for?
This liquid is used for the treatment of verrucas, warts, calluses and corns.
Salicylic acid is a keratolytic agent, which means that it breaks down and
removes verrucas, warts, calluses and corns. Camphor is a mild analgesic
providing gentle pain relief.
Before using this liquid
Do not use…
• If you are allergic to salicylic acid or other members of the aspirin family (e.g,
NSAIDs), camphor or any of the ingredients in this product. See "what this liquid
contains" for the full list of ingredients.
• If you have diabetes, suffer from neuropathy or severe circulatory disorders,
unless your doctor tells you to.
• If the verruca, wart, callus, corn or surrounding skin is inflamed or broken.
• On moles, birthmarks, hairy or genital warts.
• On the face, bottom, genital regions or large areas of the body.
• If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Take special care…
• If any of the liquid comes into contact with normal skin wash off immediately
with plenty of water.
• Do not apply to healthy skin.
• If excessive discomfort occurs, stop using the liquid and remove any dressing.
How to use this liquid
• For external use only.
• This product contains Virgin castor oil ‐ may cause skin reactions.
Adults and children 12 years and over:
• Ensure feet are clean and dry.
• Protect the healthy skin around the area to treat with soft paraffin.
• Apply one or two drops of the liquid directly onto the verruca, wart, callus or
corn and allow to dry.
• Prior to further applications, wash the existing liquid layer off with mild soap
and water, then dry.
• Repeat treatment once a day for verrucas and warts, and twice a day for
calluses and corns, until they can be easily removed by gently rubbing with a
• Do not use for more than 12 weeks, unless your doctor tells you to.
Children under 12 years:
• Do not use on children under 12 unless your doctor tells you to.
Possible side effects
As with all medicines, this liquid can have side effects in some people.
• You may experience some skin irritation or a rash may develop if applied to
normal healthy skin surrounding the corn or callus. This may be controlled by
stopping use temporarily and carefully apply to the corn or callus only when the
treatment is resumed.
If you feel you are reacting badly to this medicine in any way, or notice any other
side effects not listed in this leaflet stop using the liquid and tell your doctor or
Also you can help to make sure that medicines remain as safe as possible by
reporting any unwanted side effects via the internet at
Alternatively you can call Freephone 0808 100 3352 (available from 10 a.m. to 2
p.m. Mondays to Fridays) or fill in a paper form available from your local
How to store this liquid
• Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
• Do not store above 25°C.
• Do not use after the expiry date shown on the pack.
• If you find that you still have this medicine after its expiry date, return it to
your local pharmacist who will dispose of it properly.
What this liquid contains
The liquid contains 11.25% by volume of the active ingredient salicylic acid and
2.8% by volume of the active ingredient camphor.
It also contains pyroxylin, Virgin castor oil, methoxyisopropanol and acetone.
Each bottle of Corn and Callous Removal Liquid contains 10ml.
Marketing Authorisation Holder: Scholl Consumer Products Ltd,
103‐105 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3UH.
Manufactured by: Aeropak Ltd, 1‐3 Exmouth Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK,
or SSL International plc, Whitehouse Industrial Park, Traynor Way, Peterlee, SR8
Date of revision: January 2013.
Scholl and the Scholl Logo are trade marks of the Reckitt Benckiser Group.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.